Lemond Lewedge?

rarriola

Nov 19, 2004
Has anyone ever tried one of these before? I've been having some IT band issues recently as was thinking of giving them a shot. Any pros/cons?

I use them and they're fine. I thought they would squash and flatten after a few rides (like some of my home made shims did :p), but they've been fine for 6 months so far.

I actually use all four of them to supinate my feet as much as possible.

the "con" is the bloody price!!! $40 Aus dollars for 8 bits of plastic and a few screws!!!

I think I had some slipping issues stacking them on top of each other (although I may not have tightened the cleats enough -- but I though I did:)), so, because I use more than one, I taped them together...no problems!

I assume for ITB problems you'd wanna pronate your foot?

I dunno if this is ideal unless you're a natural pronator. If you're not a natural pronator, which is most of us, pronation could cause other problems.

I won't ride without them. I use three wedges on each foot, to compensate for forefoot varus and my tendency to pronate. Make sure you tighten your cleats down very well - I had one move on me once like 531Aussie mentions. It helps to mark your cleats with Whiteout so you can put them back in place if they slip. Anyway, give them a shot! They can make an amazing difference.

friedmikey said:
. It helps to mark your cleats with Whiteout
oh yeah, important tip :)

I was so keen to get them on I whipped my cleats off but forgot to mark their position :p

I use them, at first you don't really notice the difference, but after awhile, you feel so much more powerful and efficient on the bike!