Lemond needs to shut his trap!

fongster

Jul 25, 2006
That guy is a has-been and knows it. Yeah, he was America's greatest cyclist--until Lance came along. So, he has to rip on Lance. And now he has to rip on Floyd. I don't know where FL's at or what's true or not but Lemond should just stay out of it. I'm embarassed to ride my Lemond. BTW, I only bought it 'cause it was the best fit for the money I had at the time. Maybe a can of spray paint is in order...

fongster said:
That guy is a has-been and knows it. Yeah, he was America's greatest cyclist--until Lance came along. So, he has to rip on Lance. And now he has to rip on Floyd. I don't know where FL's at or what's true or not but Lemond should just stay out of it. I'm embarassed to ride my Lemond. BTW, I only bought it 'cause it was the best fit for the money I had at the time. Maybe a can of spray paint is in order...
Maybe he causes so much anger because he's right ?

and at the very least, post what he said

what the **** did he say?

of course, the story with floyd aint over yet, so all the speculation is bollocks!

just let it play out

keyRIST

oh and by the by....lance took his cheap shots at greg also.

at the very least, floyd is flatly denying it. lance skirts it always.
i have NEVER heard lance flatly deny it.

he answers the question with the professional spin of a veteran politician

i'm not saying he ever did...

im just sayin

let it ****** play out
story aint over yet, to paraphrase Curly

I agree we should wait till its played out but if we stick to facts we have one postive A sample and thats not a good thing !

Eilert Pilarm said:
and at the very least, post what he said

what the **** did he say?

of course, the story with floyd aint over yet, so all the speculation is bollocks!

just let it play out

keyRIST

Greg Lemond did more for the sport than any other American ever has. Lance is a fraud and a cheater. Floyd...the jury is still out but we will soon know.

I have a friend and former teammate who lived at the OTC the same time Lance did and witnessed Lance's steroid use. If he didn't dope to win the tour he definitely did when he was younger. How do you think his cnacer spread so quickly? Could it be the steroids that made his muscle cells regenerate quickly also made the cancer cells in his body grow rapidly?

Lemond is right, in that he has suggested Landis comes clean and admits the truth when (not if) his B test is positive. Cycling needs a man of that caliber, rather a repentent David Millar type than a lying, snivelling, cheating Tyler Hamilton type.

Armstrong's life is a fairy story. Everyone knows the majority of the pro peleton was taking EPO from the late 90's on. Do you really think L.A. would have failed to have mentioned it, do you reckon he would have graced Marco the Ventoux stage if he knew that the Italian was riding on PEDs and he was just nibbling Powerbars? L.A. was one of the most outspoken riders in the peleton but he never directly criticised a rider for PED use. It's a shame Lemond wasn't riding at the same time, although he would either have been beaten by the cheats or succumbed to the evil temptation himself.

Americans should be supporting Lemond, he is one of the greatest talents of the modern era, he brought change to the stuffy world of the European pro peleton and like it or not his opinions are valid.

1timepro said:
I have a friend and former teammate who lived at the OTC the same time Lance did and witnessed Lance's steroid use. If he didn't dope to win the tour he definitely did when he was younger. How do you think his cnacer spread so quickly? Could it be the steroids that made his muscle cells regenerate quickly also made the cancer cells in his body grow rapidly?

Wow, you should have him come forward.
:rolleyes:

If we let it play out it might takes yeeeeeears, like the acusation about LA for the way back 1999 sample, being played out 7 years later.

As for cheaters, yes there are several but I dont here anyone talking this harsh about those other guys that got caught, been banned & that JUST finished their 2 year sentence. I dont Eddy Merckx bashing anyone in public.

The on going sogga of cheating & being accused is sad but this is not the last of it, you will see this kind of thing going on in the years to come, 5 years from now there will still be doping alligations, just a new kind of dope.

Same people, new names, making the same BS posts. 1timepro? More like 1timesawapro. Hey whiteboytrash was that first sentence supposed to be a joke? Considering what you have been posting all over this board it can't be serious.

House said:
Same people, new names, making the same BS posts. 1timepro? More like 1timesawapro. Hey whiteboytrash was that first sentence supposed to be a joke? Considering what you have been posting all over this board it can't be serious.
Wow, you really got me there. Considering the way the USPRO system is set up, it's actually really easy to be a pro in the US. Making money at it is another story though. So yes, I was a pro for a year on a team that didn't pay it's riders anything, but I did ride some big events that House has only read about.

Do you really think LA was clean? You're either insane or the most naive person on this forum.

1timepro said:
Wow, you really got me there. Considering the way the USPRO system is set up, it's actually really easy to be a pro in the US. Making money at it is another story though. So yes, I was a pro for a year on a team that didn't pay it's riders anything, but I did ride some big events that House has only read about.

Do you really think LA was clean? You're either insane or the most naive person on this forum.
Oops, I guess I hit a nerve. Sorry to bring up such bad memories. You know the one thing that has always surprised me is how many people rode for some small team that didn't get paid, but were pros on the domestic scene and know everything about every team that ever rode in Europe and America. Same story, same ******** we have all seen before.

House said:
Oops, I guess I hit a nerve. Sorry to bring up such bad memories. You know the one thing that has always surprised me is how many people rode for some small team that didn't get paid, but were pros on the domestic scene and know everything about every team that ever rode in Europe and America. Same story, same ******** we have all seen before.
I also raced in Europe for a U23 team that was a feeder for a D1 (there was no proTour at the time), so I saw a lot.

I never claimed to have seen Lance do anything, I was merely relaying info that I got from a former teammate who was there.

I'm sorry if I hurt the image of Lance in your mind. Hopefully you'll still be able to rub one out while you think about him.

1timepro said:
I also raced in Europe for a U23 team that was a feeder for a D1 (there was no proTour at the time), so I saw a lot.

I never claimed to have seen Lance do anything, I was merely relaying info that I got from a former teammate who was there.

I'm sorry if I hurt the image of Lance in your mind. Hopefully you'll still be able to rub one out while you think about him.
Suddenly remembering you went to Europe and rode, followed by "I heard this from someone who rode with him," followed by a personal insult. Yup, exactly the same as the previous ones. LOL

i used to think he needs to go away until landis tested positive. now i think we need someone famous being a pain in the butt in america trying to clean up our athletes. while i obviously don't think we're the only ones doping, it would be nice to have a clean house before we point the finger elsewhere.

cheapie said:
i used to think he needs to go away until landis tested positive. now i think we need someone famous being a pain in the butt in america trying to clean up our athletes. while i obviously don't think we're the only ones doping, it would be nice to have a clean house before we point the finger elsewhere.
I would agree, but Lemonds problem is that he can't just be about cleaning things up, he always has to slip in comments attacking those who won after him, regardless of whether they were clean or not. He comes off like someone who is very bitter about how life turned out. If he just stuck to coming out against doping without slipping those bitter comments in, he would be a hero in the fight against doping to everyone.

fongster said:
Don't worry about your LeMond bike. All framesets less than a two grand are made in Tiwain anyway.

As for LeMond being a has-been, I guess in the sense that he doesn't race anymore, he is a has-been. But then, what does that make Lance? Both great riders, similar physical and physiological characteristics. Both concentrated on the Tour and both won World Cups, and both probably doped with everything available to them at the time like all great champions in our sport do.

I think LeMond, along with some of the other riders from the 80s, are ****** with the use of EPO and blood packing. EPO made the pace of the peloton much much faster and paced some very good riders out of a career.

If you look at the things that can be controlled pharmaceutically back in the 80s and early 90s, it was really only hormones. So, if, as a coach, you could find a guy with good bio-mechanics, low resting and hi max heart rates, hi VO2 max you knew you had something. That type of athlete today on EPO and steroids is a very big deal.

Armstrong's bio-mechanics weren't that great in my mind. If you compare his fluidity to Moser, Merckx or Hinault, he looks like monkey. So EPO -- this is only speculation of course -- made the limelight available to dorks and I think that's what pisses LeMond off. That and the fact that he can't sell is LeMond brand in Wall-Mart anymore.

House said:
I would agree, but Lemonds problem is that he can't just be about cleaning things up, he always has to slip in comments attacking those who won after him, regardless of whether they were clean or not. He comes off like someone who is very bitter about how life turned out. If he just stuck to coming out against doping without slipping those bitter comments in, he would be a hero in the fight against doping to everyone.
Yeah, I hear ya. I wish LeMond could rise above, but if Armstrong in fact did threaten his business and threatened to expose him (LeMond) as a doper, I can see why LeMond might go on the offensive.

helmutRoole2 said:
Yeah, I hear ya. I wish LeMond could rise above, but if Armstrong in fact did threaten his business and threatened to expose him (LeMond) as a doper, I can see why LeMond might go on the offensive.
I agree, but does he need to do it in every interview. I swear I heard an interview when he introduced the Lemond brand carbon fiber bike and he took a shot at how Trek dopes it's Madone OCLV (yes I know they are one company, that's part of the joke!) It would be pretty interesting to hear what Lemond would have to say, if Armstrong came out with some proof or witnesses of Lemond doping. I hope he would never do that but it would be interesting to hear Lemond respond.

Can someone post the link/links to the articles that Armstrong talked trash about Lemond or threatened his company. I would like the links not just putting the quotes here on the site.