LeMond Reno

camhabib

Jul 14, 2005
Just picked up a LeMond Reno 05 version. Got a good deal on it, $700 USD. Any suggestions or comments on the bike, its performance, or durability? I'm a beginning rider and this looked to be a good bike for me. I'm also looking for a bike computer. I saw the Cats Eye Double Wireless for around $120 USD. Any comments on this as well? Thanks.

-Cameron

Can't really comment on the Reno but congrats and enjoy it. On the Cateye, my wife has one (I use a flightdeck and a Polar 720). She thinks it is a little confusing and doesnt care for the ergonomics (I think that would be the wording) of it, doesnt feel it is logically laid out. She isnt racing just riding recreationally on a Trek 7700 hybrid. Just her opinion (which of course I value deeply).

The LeMond Reno is a fine beginner road bike. I have a 2004 Tourmalet, which I purchased in February and I love it. It is a bit more than I was looking for but Jeez is it sweet.If the shop where I made my purchase had a Reno in stock I would be riding one right now....I love that color scheme too.

Have no regrets, you got yourself a terrific bike at a GREAT price.

Congrats,

Brian

I bought a Reno for my gf last summer, and she loves it. It's a great entry level road bike, and it has most a decent component group and carbon fork. She won't be needing to upgrade for a while (although we might anyway).

Good choice.