Lemond - Replaced threaded fork with carbon fiber threadless

aguapanela

Apr 1, 2007
Have a 2001 Lemond Nevada City with a threaded steel fork and quill stem. I just picked up a carbon fiber fork off a 2004 Lemond Zurich. Wondering how to switch this out. My assumption is that I only need a new headset and stem. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

yes, but the 2004 fork will have a 1"1/8 steerer, and the 2001 frame will need a 1" fork :(

You can get a 1" fork for not too much money

aguapanela said:
Are all recently produced forks 1 1/8"?
the great majority of the ones on frames are, but there are a lot of 1" threadless carbon forks out there, especially if you're in the U.S.

aguapanela said:
Are all recently produced forks 1 1/8"?

thanks,

- A

Almost all new bikes are being made with 1 1/8", but aftermarket replacements in 1" are readily available.

Ok, just to confirm, there is no way to install a fork with 1 1/8" tube on a previously 1" steerer?

- A

aguapanela said:
Ok, just to confirm, there is no way to install a fork with 1 1/8" tube on a previously 1" steerer?
no.

There are a lot of good 1" forks out there for well under $200 US, maybe even under $100!

Thanks 531Aussie. Your quick responses are amazing. I guess I'll just throw it back on ebay. :(

aguapanela said:
Thanks 531Aussie. Your quick responses are amazing. I
eh, it's 2pm down here, which is the time of day I sit at the computer with 2 cups of coffee trying to wake up :D

Also, if you activate "instant email notification" on the 'edit options' of your user control panel ("User CP" -- upper left of screen), you get an email when someone responds to a thread you've posted on