Lemond Tete La Course 2002 opinions and frame weight

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jv, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jv

    Jv Guest

    I have been looking at a 2002 Lemond Tete La Course Ti frame in a LBS. Seems to be little about this
    frame on the 'net. Anyone own this frame have a good/bad opinion on it. How does this compare up to
    a merlin/litespeed/airborne? How come Lemond have stopped making a Ti only frame for 2003. Finally
    anyone know how much the 57cm frame weighs?

    thanks for any help

    JV

    Tags:

  2. LeMond most certainly did not stop making a Ti-only frame for 2003. In fact, they added a new model
    (below the 2002 Tete de Course) and left last year's top-of-the-line frame intact in the middle of
    the line. The new Tete de Course is Ti along the bottom, Carbon along the top, a design that's
    gotten quite a bit of positive PR from racers who have seen it (but, of course, not yet ridden it,
    since it's not yet out. Yes, even racers drool over things they can't yet have).

    Weld quality and alignment of the LeMond Ti bikes has been spot-on, but I really can't compare it to
    the others since we don't carry them. Haven't had a frame separately so can't even tell you the
    weight, but I can try to find out.

    "JV" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have been looking at a 2002 Lemond Tete La Course Ti frame in a LBS. Seems to be little about
    > this frame on the 'net. Anyone own this frame have a good/bad opinion on it. How does this compare
    > up to a merlin/litespeed/airborne? How come Lemond have stopped making a Ti only frame for 2003.
    > Finally anyone know how much the 57cm frame weighs?
    >
    > thanks for any help
    >
    > JV

  3. Just heard back from the product guy at LeMond; a 57cm Tete de Course weighs 1490 grams (3.28 lbs)
    prior to painting. He'd apparently just happened to have weighed one in that size. Paint will add a
    small amount of weight to that total.

    "JV" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have been looking at a 2002 Lemond Tete La Course Ti frame in a LBS. Seems to be little about
    > this frame on the 'net. Anyone own this frame have a good/bad opinion on it. How does this compare
    > up to a merlin/litespeed/airborne? How come Lemond have stopped making a Ti only frame for 2003.
    > Finally anyone know how much the 57cm frame weighs?
    >
    > thanks for any help
    >
    > JV

  4. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >Just heard back from the product guy at LeMond; a 57cm Tete de Course weighs 1490 grams (3.28 lbs)
    >prior to painting. He'd apparently just happened to have weighed one in that size. Paint will add a
    >small amount of weight to that total.

    And what does an OCLV frame weigh in that size, a Trek 2*00 series al frame and maybe even a Lemond
    steel frame???

    jon

  5. Jv

    Jv Guest