Lemond zurich ‘98 new build

cyclocat

Jul 17, 2017
Just finished building up a used ‘98 Zurich frameset with Dura Ace 7800, Deda bar and stem, pro logo saddle, and Velomax Circuit wheels. I’ll post a ride update soon. This DA groupset is one of my all time favorites as well as these old Lemind steel frame sets. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• B9965EE7-1E48-4673-961F-15ABC4166FD9.jpeg
    B9965EE7-1E48-4673-961F-15ABC4166FD9.jpeg
    854.9 KB · Views: 26
Nice. Is it 853? I nearly bought a black one years ago. I can't remember what model/year it was

Yes, it’s Reynolds 853. Rides great. I thought that I should be riding a 53cm. This one is a 51cm but it has a long top tube. With a 110mm stem it fit Mrs perfect. Such a compliant and comfortable ride. It’s pretty responsive, corners well, climbs well, and rides straight as an arrow.

I'am the original owner of an '88 Team LeMond Pro, with SLX tubing. I upgraded it to Campy Chorus components/wheels a few years ago, I should have done that much sooner. That bike is very responsive, smooth. I like it much better than the Motorbecane Ti Le Champion I bought just a few years ago.

Hey there,

That's a fantastic build! I can see why you're a fan of that DA groupset and Lemond steel frame sets. They're both classics in their own right. I'm sure your ride updates will be great. I'm always on the lookout for good used framesets and groupsets myself. Let us know how the bike performs and if you have any tips for building up vintage frames.

Cheers,
LeeW

Great build! When it comes to getting the most out of your Zurich frameset and DA groupset, focus on building your stamina and strength. Incorporate both endurance rides and high-intensity interval training into your routine. For endurance, aim for long, steady rides at a moderate intensity, gradually increasing your distance. For power, try short, intense intervals where you push yourself to the limit. Remember to also prioritize recovery, as it's just as important as training. Keep us updated on your rides and enjoy the smooth ride of that classic steel frame! :)

Endurance and intensity, the pillars of cycling strength. Push your limits, but remember: recovery is key. Embrace the burn, welcome the pain, for it is in these moments that we truly become one with the bike. Steel frames, smooth rides - let us chase the horizon, and in doing so, find our true potential. #cycling #endurance #strength #recovery

Endurance and intensity, sure, they're important. But let's not forget about the joy of cycling, shall we? It's not all about pushing your limits and embracing the burn. Sometimes, it's just about enjoying the ride and the scenery. And as for steel frames, they're classic, no doubt, but carbon fiber has its perks too. Let's not limit ourselves to just one material. #cycling #enjoytheride #diversity #carbonfiber