Leptospiroris in flood waters

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Corzhens, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

The department of health has issued a warning on flooded roads. That leptospirosis is a disease that can be fatal when not treated immediately. The symptom is high fever. When you have an open wound, don't let it get wet in the flooded roads because contamination is very probable. Leptospirosis is caused by the urine of rats, really yucky. I am posting this topic because I had seen some bikers yesterday enjoying the ride on a flooded street.

Tags:

2. Chuckabutty

Chuckabutty Active Member

There's so much garbage and disease in any waters, these days, except perhaps swimming pools. I used to enjoy kayaking until I found that flesh-eating bacteria is in the water on Tampa Bay. It likes warm water. Of course, if you don't have any skin damage, then it's unlikely you would be harmed. But it can also enter through your nose when swimming.

Stay safe. Stay out of lightning storms and dirty water, and say your prayers.

3. ballyhara

ballyhara Member

As you guys say, there's so much garbage and dangerous items out there. I know, we can't stay away from getting in touch with them, but at least we can be more cautious about them. Just like you, I've seen a lot of riders that enjoy getting completely soaked in a flooded road. I live in a tropical country, so tropical storms are always hitting us, and with this tropical heat, we can catch any possible virus/bacteria that loves warm weather. Unfortunately, people don't have any conscience of taking care, and they keep exposing themselves, and they even expose little kids by making them enjoy getting wet in flooded places.

4. reighn

reighn Member

There are so many incidence of leptospirosis last month, and some of them die during the medication, and some of them don't know the cause of death until the doctor's examined them, the flood in metro manila is really dangerous.