L'Equipe investigating CSC

Bro Deal said:
L'Equipe has been looking at CSC's garbage from P-R. Looks like a lot of needles and some substance that labs cannot identify.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20060630_092735Dev.html

Boys, this thing just gets worse and worse.
everybody needs doping, but I still cannot believe that Ulle went to Spain. I thought he did it in Switzerland. :rolleyes: And this Spanish report stinks as hell. They mention Valverde had a codename in the lab, but there are no further documents.... very funny. The whole system is corrupt and it wouldn't surprise me if a kind of mafia is involved.

Bro Deal said:
L'Equipe has been looking at CSC's garbage from P-R. Looks like a lot of needles and some substance that labs cannot identify.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20060630_092735Dev.html

Boys, this thing just gets worse and worse.

Not this rubbish again. Lets rather not engage L'equipe and their rubbish searches and witch hunting. Its well known that teams and riders make regular use of syringes and vials of legal stuff e.g. vit b12 etc to aid riders.

If a team did have suspicious substances the are not likely to put it in a black bag and drop it off ina hotel bin now are they??

bomber said:
If a team did have suspicious substances the are not likely to put it in a black bag and drop it off ina hotel bin now are they??
Postal did.

And CSC's syringes were cleaned somehow. They probably thought there would be no trace of what they were using.

bomber said:
Not this rubbish again. Lets rather not engage L'equipe and their rubbish searches and witch hunting. Its well known that teams and riders make regular use of syringes and vials of legal stuff e.g. vit b12 etc to aid riders.

Why would they clean the syringes?
Interesting now all the other teams will have to deal with what USPS/Disco had to deal with for the last 5 years.(People digging through their trash trying to find something.) Let see how many get busted now.

bomber said:

If the team are staying in the hotel, YES!. By the way all the syringes were carefully washed before being disposed of...makes you think

rockinchair said:
everybody needs doping, but I still cannot believe that Ulle went to Spain. I thought he did it in Switzerland. :rolleyes: And this Spanish report stinks as hell. They mention Valverde had a codename in the lab, but there are no further documents.... very funny. The whole system is corrupt and it wouldn't surprise me if a kind of mafia is involved.

Very mafia like. Especially if anyone started talking, LA would tell them to shut up.

Irishj9 said:
If the team are staying in the hotel, YES!. By the way all the syringes were carefully washed before being disposed of...makes you think
Christ... Paris-Roubaix doesn't even start in Paris anymore and they found the bag at a Paris metro.... lets keep things in perspective....

tcklyde said:
Very mafia like. Especially if anyone started talking, LA would tell them to shut up.
And they'd listen too, bunch of pansies. Don't mess with Texas.

Somehow, I have trouble giving credibility to anything L'Equipe publishes. They've been a bit fast and loose with how they come up with 'facts' in the past, and they're certainly not above manufacturing facts or engaging in selective omission.

So the vultures are starting to circle already.

JohnO said:
Somehow, I have trouble giving credibility to anything L'Equipe publishes. They've been a bit fast and loose with how they come up with 'facts' in the past, and they're certainly not above manufacturing facts or engaging in selective omission.
It looks like you have been drinking too much of Armstrong's public relations Koolaid. L'Equipe is a reputable French newspaper. Your allegations of manufacturing facts are a lie and are libelous.

Bro Deal said:
It looks like you have been drinking too much of Armstrong's public relations Koolaid. L'Equipe is a reputable French newspaper. Your allegations of manufacturing facts are a lie and are libelous.
I can't wait to see how anothe team deals with their garbage being gone through.

But this IS a bit different.
No one picked Cancellara as a favorite and he rode everyone away like Museeuw.

CSC has won everything this year.
Why would they dispose of syringes this way?

We'll see, we'll see....

"QUOTE=Bro Deal]It looks like you have been drinking too much of Armstrong's public relations Koolaid. L'Equipe is a reputable French newspaper. Your allegations of manufacturing facts are a lie and are libelous.[/QUOTE]"

L'Equipe is a sorry excuse for a...............

Moderated :

Aha! You do have a sense of humor...

Bro Deal said:

hombredesubaru said:
I can't wait to see how anothe team deals with their garbage being gone through.

But this IS a bit different.
No one picked Cancellara as a favorite and he rode everyone away like Museeuw.

Actually a lot of people choose Cancellera as a Paris-Roubaix favorite, especially Pro Tour riders. If I remember correctly this was also mentionend i Eurosports coverage of the race, which perhaps exists as a torrent somewhere.
That the Tifosi always gathers around the well know stars is no indication of who is going to win a race. Think about todays TdF Prologue few know Thor Hushovd (todays winner) who comes from a small "non-cycling" country like Norway. The average non-norwegian fan really don't know him even though his palmares are excellent, and is therefore unlikely to point him out as winner. Same with Cancellera.

hombredesubaru said:
CSC has won everything this year.

CSC has won 1 GC out of 3 this year, and P-R and some lesser known races. Great, but hardly everything. I think that Armstrong's team did equally well for several years.

hombredesubaru said:
Why would they dispose of syringes this way?

Yes, one wonders if someone in full team CSC outfit, getting in and out of a CSC-marked van, disposing of syringes in the car park of their hotel, while witnesses looks, is really trying to hide anything criminal.

The newspaper reported that the syringes were cleaned and therefore people think that fingerprints were wiped out. But to my knowledge the syringes haven't been checked for fingerprints but only for content. And that there is no blood or residue in them could easily be because they were injected in drop bags with saline solution.

Lastly one has to remember that there is monetary reasons behind this story, since the finder of the syringes allegedly got stung on one of them and therefore filed a suit.

I am not saying that Team CSC doesn't use dope, but that this case doesn't stick. The case should have been handled as a criminal case by the police looking for fingerprints, not as work-injury case.

--
Regards

I find it interesting the way newspapers turn things around. Today I read at the Eurosport site on how the Andreus "were dragged into the mess" concerning LA. Then we read the court report that contained the actual behavior of the Andreus. She volunteered to be part of the it. She pestered the insurance company[ the insurance companies claim] she called the Lemonds over 100 times, she paid her own way to testify halfway across the country [ when she did not have to].
But she was dragged into this, as Europsport reports. Newspapers sell issues to generate revenue. I think Riis is and always has been a doper. But let's not take the word of a newspaper. No newspaper.
Just yesterday the newspaper had to apologise to LA because a English judge thought they manipulated the outcome of a story. This sad state of reporting the news bothers me.

interested said:
Actually a lot of people choose Cancellera as a Paris-Roubaix favorite, especially Pro Tour riders. If I remember correctly this was also mentionend i Eurosports coverage of the race, which perhaps exists as a torrent somewhere.
That the Tifosi always gathers around the well know stars is no indication of who is going to win a race. Think about todays TdF Prologue few know Thor Hushovd (todays winner) who comes from a small "non-cycling" country like Norway. The average non-norwegian fan really don't know him even though his palmares are excellent, and is therefore unlikely to point him out as winner. Same with Cancellera.

CSC has won 1 GC out of 3 this year, and P-R and some lesser known races. Great, but hardly everything. I think that Armstrong's team did equally well for several years.

Yes, one wonders if someone in full team CSC outfit, getting in and out of a CSC-marked van, disposing of syringes in the car park of their hotel, while witnesses looks, is really trying to hide anything criminal.

The newspaper reported that the syringes were cleaned and therefore people think that fingerprints were wiped out. But to my knowledge the syringes haven't been checked for fingerprints but only for content. And that there is no blood or residue in them could easily be because they were injected in drop bags with saline solution.

Lastly one has to remember that there is monetary reasons behind this story, since the finder of the syringes allegedly got stung on one of them and therefore filed a suit.

I am not saying that Team CSC doesn't use dope, but that this case doesn't stick. The case should have been handled as a criminal case by the police looking for fingerprints, not as work-injury case.

--
Regards
Prologue Paris Nice Julich
Amstel Gold
Paris Roubaix
Criterium International
Zab ITT Dauphine
Giro d'Italia

Yeah i dont think even Postal ever had close to a season like this with the exception maybe of just one of Lance's good years
:D

wicklow200 said:
Have you ever read L'Equipe? No, thought not.

Stick with Paceline
Actually I have read L'Equipe. (Using Babelfish.)

Any periodical, if is even deserving of even that title, that bases story after story on ...............Moderated

Chrystie

Moderated for the third time in one thread :