Lesanne's weigh in, and can I join RAFL late?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lesanne, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Sure, if you are offering! By the time I get it though, I'm sure it will already be maxed out. <G>

    Joyce

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:33:04 -0800, Fred <[email protected]mpuserve.com> wrote:

    >Incorrigible!
    >
    >Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G) Want
    >the credit card number, too? (G)
    >
    >On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far
    >>away, only a few hours once I'm off the ferry.... When are you weighing???
    >>
    >>Brenda
    >>
    >>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
    >>> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the subsequent
    >>> rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into ice and
    >>> then the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny and ice-
    >>> free. Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the Sierra in
    >>> July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
    >>>
    >>> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones
    >>> that got sweated away.
    >>>
    >>> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
    >>> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
    >>> sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of
    >>> that food.

    >>style

    >>see.
    >>had
    >>snacks.

  2. Actually I could use a credit card number right about now, got lots of room on your card?

    Brenda

    > Incorrigible!
    >
    > Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G) Want
    > the credit card number, too? (G)
    >
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far
    > >away, only a few hours once I'm off the ferry....
    When
    > >are you weighing???
    > >
    > >Brenda
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> I was sublimely surprised. The forecast foretold clouds and showers. When I opened the door it
    > >> clear with a neat crescent moon. The snow from last week must have been melted by the
    > >> subsequent rain. This trail is very popular and when covered with snow, it gets compressed into
    > >> ice and then the trail becomes what I affectionately call a vertical icerink! But it was sunny
    > >> and ice-free. Nice day. Then came home and washed the car which still had the grime from the
    > >> Sierra in July and eastern Oregon in Aug plus all the snow grunge from the last few months.
    > >>
    > >> I usually take a series of vitamins after heavy exercise to replenish the water soluable ones
    > >> that got sweated away.
    > >>
    > >> We shall see if I can hold below 160. I should start using a home weight in this, ahem,
    > >> competition since my clothes are a disadvantage (go for it Brenda and Lee)...... But I just
    > >> sucked down mango, and frango (g). But two hours of strenuous UP should have earned some of
    > >> that food.

    > >style

    > >see.
    > >had
    > >snacks.

    <[email protected]>

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since they
    put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the basement
    to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)

    And how good was he?

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    >Goode. Snort.
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
    >>
    >> So did you figure it out?
    >>
    >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create a
    >> spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the attic most of the afternoon
    >> >trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in my bedroom does not work.
    >> >

    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >:)

    >> >style

    >has

    >other

    >> >see.
    >other
    >> >had
    >> >snacks.

    ><[email protected]>

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I don't think you would find much credit to use these days (sigh)

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:12:00 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yes Fred, you Must send me your credit card number. Privately of course, I would like it to
    >Work.....
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Incorrigible!
    >>
    >> Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G)
    >> Want the credit card number, too? (G)
    >>
    >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far
    >> >away, only a few hours once I'm off the ferry....
    >When
    >> >are you weighing???
    >> >
    >> >Brenda
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >:)

    >> >style

    >has

    >other

    >> >see.
    >other
    >> >had
    >> >snacks.

    ><[email protected]>

  5. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hey, I got one of those too! Only difference is, I knew when it was installed that it wasn't going
    to work. <G> I have a switch next to my sink, for the garbage disposal that never has been installed
    and probably never will be. Wires are pulled from the basement box, and live - just not connected to
    anything. <sigh> They are at least tucked away, hidden, capped off, etc. - so no one can possible be
    accidentally hurt.

    Joyce

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    >Goode. Snort.
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
    >>
    >> So did you figure it out?
    >>
    >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create a
    >> spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:38:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >ah, sounds like a great day. The electrician and I wandered in the attic most of the afternoon
    >> >trying to figure out why the plug near my tv in my bedroom does not work.
    >> >

    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >:)

    >> >style

    >has

    >other

    >> >see.
    >other
    >> >had
    >> >snacks.

    ><[email protected]>

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Sorry but my credit card number is very large - too large to type - oh, you don't mean OUTSTANDING
    BALANCE!!!!

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:41:23 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Actually I could use a credit card number right about now, got lots of room on your card?
    >
    >Brenda
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Incorrigible!
    >>
    >> Yeah, like on a newsgroup were I attempt to hide my email I am going to provide a street! (G)
    >> Want the credit card number, too? (G)
    >>
    >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:00:15 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >What's you're street address. The webcam is all ready to go! Oh, better yet, I'm not that far
    >> >away, only a few hours once I'm off the ferry....
    >When
    >> >are you weighing???
    >> >
    >> >Brenda
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >:)

    >> >style

    >has

    >other

    >> >see.
    >other
    >> >had
    >> >snacks.

    ><[email protected]>

  7. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the first
    time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He sounds all
    "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how electricians are
    good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as he is tall, with the
    pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette smoke, and is missing
    several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute grey color. He was, However, an
    extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have been
    having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And totally reasonable. Did not
    give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I will have
    to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and knees.

    > Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since they
    > put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    > basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    >
    > And how good was he?
    >
    > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    > >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    > >Goode. Snort.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
    > >>
    > >> So did you figure it out?
    > >>
    > >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create a
    > >> spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.

    Sierra

    disadvantage
    of

    > >:)

    > >has

    and
    > >other

    <[email protected]>

    > >other

    > ><[email protected]>

  8. assessing the competition??? Lee
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since they
    > put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    > basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    >
    > And how good was he?
    >
    > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    > >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    > >Goode. Snort.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> You really do live an electrifying life! (gd&r)
    > >>
    > >> So did you figure it out?
    > >>
    > >> I spent the last 20 minutes using the Excel info that the nice folks here gave me to create a
    > >> spreadsheet of my WI's since starting.

    Sierra

    disadvantage
    of

    > >:)

    > >has

    and
    > >other

    <[email protected]>

    > >other

    > ><[email protected]>

  9. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Not Even in the Same Game, much less the same team....

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
    > > they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    > > basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    > >
    > > And how good was he?
    > >
    > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    > > >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    > > >Goode. Snort.
    > > >
    > > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > >news:[email protected]...

    > attic
    > my

    > showers.
    compressed
    > Sierra

    > replenish

    > disadvantage
    > of

    > for
    > > >:)

    > toning

    > > >has
    > success.

    And
    breakfast
    > and
    The
    > > >other
    > in

    > <[email protected]>

    > too.

    > shall
    > > >other
    > not

    > > ><[email protected]>

  10. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Ya know, I have been asking for that choice for years ... IL seems to not understand. I am glad to
    hear that there is somewhere in the world that thinks like I do. <g>

    And you don't want to get me started on our governments *thinking*. At 18 our sons and daughters are
    considered legal adults. Encouraged and allowed to vote towards making decisions as to how they
    would like to see our government run, yet most pay next to nothing in taxes that these decisions
    affect. At 18 our sons are required to register with the armed forces, can be sent off to war, and
    offer their lives to serve their country. Yet ... (you knew this was coming) ... at the same age
    they are considered too immature to be allowed to have an alcoholic beverage. I know my thinking may
    be backwards - but I often feel I am missing something in all of this.

    Joyce

    On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:49:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of the
    >above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >berlin.de...
    >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be heard. The problem is that
    >> people who don't want to vote will will make what we call protest votes, by voting for
    >> nonsensical or extremist parties. ( we don't vote for people but always for parties here and
    >> everyone has the
    >right
    >> to start a political party.)
    >>
    >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> berlin.de...
    >> > it is odd that it is obligatory but while I don't agree with it I can
    >see
    >> > why it is done, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> [...]

  11. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you paid
    for - electrical work! (G)

    I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel and
    to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going RATE
    FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity work! (G)

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
    >first time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He
    >sounds all "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
    >electricians are good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as he
    >is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette smoke,
    >and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute grey color. He
    >was, However, an extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace
    >problems I have been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And
    >totally reasonable. Did not give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but
    >altogether a Good deal. I will have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair
    >and knees.
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since they
    >> put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    >>
    >> And how good was he?
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    >> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    >> >Goode. Snort.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >attic
    >my

    >showers.
    >Sierra

    >replenish

    >disadvantage
    >of

    >for
    >> >:)

    >toning

    >> >has
    >success.

    >and
    >> >other
    >in

    ><[email protected]>

    >too.

    >shall
    >> >other
    >not

    >> ><[email protected]>

  12. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since they
    >> put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    >> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    >>
    >> And how good was he?
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:13:12 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Yeah, we figured it out. They put it in, but never connected it to anything. We did not have
    >> >time to fix it, after we found it, so he is coming back. This mans' name, I kid you not, is Mr
    >> >Goode. Snort.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >attic
    >my

    >showers.
    >Sierra

    >replenish

    >disadvantage
    >of

    >for
    >> >:)

    >toning

    >> >has
    >success.

    >and
    >> >other
    >in

    ><[email protected]>

    >too.

    >shall
    >> >other
    >not

    >> ><[email protected]>

  13. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know what they're doing, they get
    the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of course, it helps me that my brother is an electrician
    ... and other family members are plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to mess around with).
    If I put my thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost unlimited ... cousins in
    masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and concrete ... possibilities are
    endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can tear 'em down! <G>

    Joyce

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
    >paid for - electrical work! (G)
    >
    >I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel and
    >to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going RATE
    >FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity work! (G)
    >
    >On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
    >>first time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He
    >>sounds all "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
    >>electricians are good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as he
    >>is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette smoke,
    >>and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute grey color. He
    >>was, However, an extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace
    >>problems I have been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And
    >>totally reasonable. Did not give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but
    >>altogether a Good deal. I will have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair
    >>and knees.
    >>
    >>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> Ah, the old, why bother connecting it syndrome. I helped a friend RE-install her phone since
    >>> they put in the plugs in her remodel and even did wire it. But did not connect the wires in the
    >>> basement to anything. Does he pronounce it "goody" or is he just GOOD (G)
    >>>
    >>> And how good was he?

    >>attic
    >>my

    >>showers.
    >>Sierra

    >>replenish

    >>disadvantage
    >>of

    >>for

    >>toning

    >>success.

    >>and
    >>in

    >><[email protected]>

    >>too.

    >>shall
    >>not

  14. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Ya know, I often wonder what people will say when they move into my home - also with a few freaky
    things. Downstairs circuits are somehow connected to the upstairs bathroom ground fault protector.
    So when the circuit blows, you have to go upstairs and hit the reset switch. You don't want to know
    how many hours it took US to figure that one out the first time we were stuck in the dark. <G> My
    MIL's house has a ceiling fixture light that is plugged into an outlet in the attic ... which is
    controlled by a switch in the attic. Someone inadvertantly hit that switch one day, then we couldn't
    figure out why the light wouldn't go on. Brother searched and searched, traced wires, pipes and
    cords until he figured it out. Many things on the *list* that shoud be corrected.

    Joyce

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:03:45 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    >wide
    >> >as he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he
    >bends...
    >> >He reeks of cigarette smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are
    >> >left are a cute grey color. He was, However,
    >an
    >> >extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have
    >> >been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And totally reasonable.
    >> >Did not give me a
    >"charge"
    >> >in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I
    >will
    >> >have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and
    >knees.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message

  15. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Ah, yes, the handy former home owner who sold at the right time! Watch were you mow. I won't be
    doing that for at least another 4 months!!! (G)

    I usually tag along but probably get charged extra for appentice training (G)

> [...]

    >wide
    >> >as he is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he
    >bends...
    >> >He reeks of cigarette smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are
    >> >left are a cute grey color. He was, However,
    >an
    >> >extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle palace problems I have
    >> >been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others. And totally reasonable.
    >> >Did not give me a
    >"charge"
    >> >in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but altogether a Good deal. I
    >will
    >> >have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair and
    >knees.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]ve.com> wrote in message

  16. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Demolition, accidently, is my specialty.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:37:37 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I figure that's why there are people in these professions ... they know what they're doing, they
    >get the job done quicker and usually correctly. Of course, it helps me that my brother is an
    >electrician ... and other family members are plumbers (really the only two fields I refuse to mess
    >around with). If I put my thinking cap on, I realize my building connections are almost unlimited
    >... cousins in masonry, architecture, building homes, hubby in excavating and concrete ...
    >possibilities are endless. Not only can we put the houses up, we can tear 'em down! <G>
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:52:20 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry you electrical spark turned out to be an old dynamo. But it sounds as if you got what you
    >>paid for - electrical work! (G)
    >>
    >>I do remember when friend convinced me I did not want to do the wiring for the kitchen remodel
    >>and to hire professionals. Half day but what I did not know is that I would be charged the going
    >>RATE FOR EACH OF THE TWO OF THEM!!!! Yikes. But they were fast and good - ahem, at electricity
    >>work! (G)
    >>
    >>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:52:11 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I had this running conversation with a friend about this before the guy showed up. This is the
    >>>first time I have needed an electrician, being kind of handy myself. He pronounces it Good. He
    >>>sounds all "cute" on the phone so I am having these spinsterish private thoughts about how
    >>>electricians are good with shorts and all. So this fellow shows up, and he is about as wide as he
    >>>is tall, with the pants showing his behind crack whenever he bends... He reeks of cigarette
    >>>smoke, and is missing several teeth, right in the front. The ones that are left are a cute grey
    >>>color. He was, However, an extremely good electrical person. Able to diagnose some of the puzzle
    >>>palace problems I have been having here, and fix some, and tell me how we would fix the others.
    >>>And totally reasonable. Did not give me a "charge" in any way (oh she is bad this morning), but
    >>>altogether a Good deal. I will have to save those other fantasies for men with (pant pant) hair
    >>>and knees.
    >>>
    >>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]...

    >>>attic
    >>>my

    >>>showers.
    >>>Sierra

    >>>replenish

    >>>disadvantage
    >>>of

    >>>for

    >>>toning

    >>>success.

    >>>and
    >>>in

    >>><[email protected]>

    >>>too.

    >>>shall
    >>>not

  17. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Ah, the food element enters the electorate's decision-making.

    Yes, our nonpartisan primary was dumped by the 9th Circuit Fed courts. Either we register for a
    party or cannot vote. The legislature is still trying to work on something including one where two
    top candidates, party affiliation notwithstanding would be on the general ballot. So that there
    could be two Democrats or two Rep's on the ballot rather than one of each. That would serve the
    parties right. I think in one or two gubernatorial primaries recently, there would have been no
    Republican candidate.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:28:17 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >not for me thanks, I make it a practice to never do any election where I have to declare, makes my
    >politician parents upset but I can't justify voting where someone else can know my
    >party/preferences, and besides am in
    >S.IL and would have to go a long way to sneak into someone's livingroom, and they would probably
    > have brownies or cake or cookies... Maybe I will rethink this... Lee Fred
    >> Nothing too shocking. Now cross the state line and "volt" in Iowa!
    >>
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >assessing the competition??? Lee Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

    >> >attic
    >in
    >> >my

    >> >showers.
    >snow
    >This
    >compressed
    >Then
    >> >Sierra
    >the

    >> >replenish

    >home
    >> >disadvantage
    >and
    >some
    >> >of

    ><[email protected]>

    >> >for

    >> >toning

    >average
    >> >success.

    >And
    >for
    >breakfast
    >> >and
    >repeated
    >The
    >lost
    >> >in

    >> ><[email protected]>

    >> >too.

    >> >shall
    >the
    >have
    >> >not
    >evening

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Wow, that could easily solve our national debt if they fined those who did not vote! Well, the
    voting is anonymous but the political parties have successfully argued that under the US
    Constitution, they have a right to limit their membership to those who JOIN their party - it's the
    "right of association" so you only get a Dem/Rep ballot at the primary by saying which side you
    belong to. The other way, sometimes people would cross over the primary ballot to vote for a weak
    candidate on the opposition side so that at the real election, the competition would have been the
    weaker candidate! (G)

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:12:14 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Funny how these things differ... here the vote is completely and strictly anonymous. Back when we
    >voted on paper, any voting document that was signed or had your name or identity on (some elderly
    >people thought you should sign the documents, lol) was considered invalid. Now we vote
    >electronically and still very anonymously. On the other hand, we are one of the 2 only countries in
    >the world where voting is obligatory, and you get fined if you don't vote :)

  19. OK you asked for it. I think it is hideous that we live in a society that
    differentiates between men and women in registering, should be both or
    neither. As to the adult status, I think it would probably benefit us if
    all of these things along with cigarettes and driving were all at the same
    age. I think had I been able to drink when first voting I might have made
    better choices, Lee
    Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:n0mp00phhhbkkq36ec0h4ch[email protected]...
> [...]
    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >The state that has the best answer here in the states is Nevada, their ballots carry "none of the
    > >above" as a choice, Lee Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >berlin.de...
    > >> It 's said to be 'more democratic' because everyone's voice will be
    heard.
    > >> The problem is that people who don't want to vote will will make what
    we
    > >> call protest votes, by voting for nonsensical or extremist parties.
    we
    > >> don't vote for people but always for parties here and everyone has the
    > >right
    > >> to start a political party.)
    > >>
    > >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

  20. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    LOL! I do think that may be why hub likes demolition ... mistakes are very easily hidden. <g> That
    and I tell him that it probably is every little boys dream to grow up and still be allowed to play
    in a big sandbox.

    Joyce