Less Permanent Computer Mount

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by MrRodgers, May 24, 2012.

1. MrRodgers

MrRodgers New Member

I just got a bike that I would like to keep "pretty," but I am also going to use it for the majority of my road biking needs (including tours and centuries). That being said, I don't want to zip-tie computers, sensors, or lights to it. So, has anyone mounted a computer or anything of the sort in a way that is somewhat easily removable?

I have a few ideas in my head, but I thought I would see if anyone has done this before and has a tried and true method or could give me advice on methods to stay away from.

By the way, I already have a few computers that I would like to use, so please don't tell me to look for one that has a mount that is removable.

Thank you!

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

3. MrRodgers

MrRodgers New Member

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. Maybe something that won't leave a nasty residue, though...

4. Dr Lodge

Dr Lodge New Member

Zip ties are cheap enough so you can simply cut them off when you want to take your lights/computer off, and install new ones when you want to put them back on again.

Alternatively, Garmin use rubber "O-rings" to fix their mounts, thee are probably available more generally (they are also used in the RC heli world to mount batteries. This may work if you use a small metal hook to hold the two loop ends together.

Another idea is velcro straps, you might need to stick a small rubber like pad to the computer/light in order to grip the frame, since velcro is more slippery and not as tight as zip ties.