Less-than-inspiring race reports

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> a 200 lb guy with low body fat

Low body fat eh? You and Stevie related?

Robert Chung wrote:
> On May 7, 9:01 pm, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> One of the early season races near here is a 16 mile, 4 corner TT.
>> A big square, 4 miles to a side, held in the near ghost town of
>> Willard, WI.

> Dumbass,
>
> Nice story.
>
> I like it that the hills nearby are called "South Mound", "North
> Mound", and, um, oh yeah, "Middle Mound".

If you'd ever been there you'd be happy that there were flush
toilets.

A geologist would refer to those as castellated mounds, those
are at the northern boundary of that cluster of landforms.

What sucks about them is that almost all are too steep to
easily build roads to the top because they were born as islands
in a glacial lake.

This guy refers to them as ephemeral because they will erode
away in a few tens of thousands of years. I don't know why
I should find that interesting. Maybe it's the counterpoint
to the contentions of the global warming skeptics.

http://www.uwgb.edu/DutchS/geolwisc/geostops/CastMounds.HTM

Bob Schwartz

Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>> a 200 lb guy with low body fat

> Low body fat eh? You and Stevie related?

I skated in classic boots all last season. Skating
boots would have been nice, but it didn't really
matter given the skiing that either of us was
doing. I was referring to a hypothetical extreme
case.

It'll matter on roller skis though.

Bob Schwartz