Let it rain

Status

Peter B

Guest
Phew! Just got back from a dry 40 miler and felt the first drop even as I was putting the bike away,
then the heavens opened and the thunder boomed. Whilst it isn't the end of the world if it rains on
a ride don't you just feel smug if you make it back home the instant before it does?

Pete

M Series

Guest
I didn't. I was at the far end of my ride about 25 miles away at an altitude of about 1500ft on the
top of the Pennines. No thunder nor lightening for me but loads of water, very poor visibility and
very cold. I descended into Delph with the road awash, turned left and climbed back over the hill.
With the wind and rain behind me and once I was pedalling it wasn't too bad but then I had a 9 mile
descent to Elland (from Standedge/Nontsarahs). I could hardly see. After that the rain eased and I
got pedalling to warm up. My computer went dodgy in the wet and registered 134 mph as my maximum !
Why do they have three digits I wondered.

"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Phew! Just got back from a dry 40 miler and felt the first drop even as I was putting the bike
> away, then the heavens opened and the thunder boomed. Whilst it isn't the end of the world if it
> rains on a ride don't you just feel smug if you make it back home the instant before it does?
>
> Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.