Let it rain

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter B, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    Phew! Just got back from a dry 40 miler and felt the first drop even as I was putting the bike away,
    then the heavens opened and the thunder boomed. Whilst it isn't the end of the world if it rains on
    a ride don't you just feel smug if you make it back home the instant before it does?

    Pete

    Tags:

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I didn't. I was at the far end of my ride about 25 miles away at an altitude of about 1500ft on the
    top of the Pennines. No thunder nor lightening for me but loads of water, very poor visibility and
    very cold. I descended into Delph with the road awash, turned left and climbed back over the hill.
    With the wind and rain behind me and once I was pedalling it wasn't too bad but then I had a 9 mile
    descent to Elland (from Standedge/Nontsarahs). I could hardly see. After that the rain eased and I
    got pedalling to warm up. My computer went dodgy in the wet and registered 134 mph as my maximum !
    Why do they have three digits I wondered.

  3. M Series wrote:

    > Why do they have three digits I wondered.

    For the metric market, I imagine :)

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/