Let the 03 season begin

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Casey Kerrigan, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. As always ( at least here in Nor Cal) The 03 road season begins on jan 1st with the traditional Mt.
    San Bruno Hillclimb. For details see http://www.cyclepath.com/penvelo/races/sbhc.html

    On Jan 5th the Early Brid Training race series starts. Anyone who is interested in trying racing for
    the first time in nor cal should check this series out. Coaching sessions before the Cat 5 race and
    mentors riding along in the cat 5 field. for details see
    http://www.velopromo.com/earlybird%20criterium.htm

    For Info. about racing in Nor cal see http://www.ncnca.org/

    Casey

    Tags:

  2. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA30E0A9.38EBF%[email protected]...
    > As always ( at least here in Nor Cal) The 03 road season begins on jan 1st with the traditional
    > Mt. San Bruno Hillclimb. For details see http://www.cyclepath.com/penvelo/races/sbhc.html
    >
    > On Jan 5th the Early Brid Training race series starts. Anyone who is interested in trying racing
    > for the first time in nor cal should check
    this
    > series out. Coaching sessions before the Cat 5 race and mentors riding
    along
    > in the cat 5 field. for details see http://www.velopromo.com/earlybird%20criterium.htm
    >
    > For Info. about racing in Nor cal see http://www.ncnca.org/
    >
    > Casey

    Well..I've got about 24 inches of snow in my back yard, the snowmobile cranked up and at least a few
    months of some good Cross Country Skiing ahead of me. I "guess" you guys are lucky, but I'd go nuts
    if I raced January through December (??).

    Danny Callen

  3. in article [email protected], Danny Callen at [email protected] wrote on
    12/26/02 5:03 PM:

    > "casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BA30E0A9.38EBF%[email protected]...
    >> As always ( at least here in Nor Cal) The 03 road season begins on jan 1st with the traditional
    >> Mt. San Bruno Hillclimb. For details see http://www.cyclepath.com/penvelo/races/sbhc.html
    >>
    >> On Jan 5th the Early Brid Training race series starts. Anyone who is interested in trying racing
    >> for the first time in nor cal should check
    > this
    >> series out. Coaching sessions before the Cat 5 race and mentors riding
    > along
    >> in the cat 5 field. for details see http://www.velopromo.com/earlybird%20criterium.htm
    >>
    >> For Info. about racing in Nor cal see http://www.ncnca.org/
    >>
    >> Casey
    >>

    > Well..I've got about 24 inches of snow in my back yard, the snowmobile cranked up and at least a
    > few months of some good Cross Country Skiing ahead of me. I "guess" you guys are lucky, but I'd go
    > nuts if I raced January through December (??).

    Our local Road season ends in Sept. The Giro di San Francisco ( on Labor day ) is normally the last
    big road event. We have a few more races on the schedule but they tend to have smaller fields. By
    the end of Sept all the road racing is over and Cross season starts up.

    Casey

  4. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BA30E0A9.38EBF%[email protected]...
    > > As always ( at least here in Nor Cal) The 03 road season begins on jan 1st with the traditional
    > > Mt. San Bruno Hillclimb. For details see http://www.cyclepath.com/penvelo/races/sbhc.html
    > >
    > > On Jan 5th the Early Brid Training race series starts. Anyone who is interested in trying racing
    > > for the first time in nor cal should check
    > this
    > > series out. Coaching sessions before the Cat 5 race and mentors riding
    > along
    > > in the cat 5 field. for details see http://www.velopromo.com/earlybird%20criterium.htm
    > >
    > > For Info. about racing in Nor cal see http://www.ncnca.org/
    > >
    > > Casey
    > >

    > Well..I've got about 24 inches of snow in my back yard, the snowmobile cranked up and at least a
    > few months of some good Cross Country Skiing ahead of me. I "guess" you guys are lucky, but I'd go
    > nuts if I raced January through December (??).

    Now see there's the beauty of it. We don't have to bike race from January to December, but we can
    ride from January to December. And the largest x-country ski resort on the continent (320k of
    groomed track) is just 75 minutes away-assuming the freeway isn't closed because of a snowstorm. Now
    you may say that's all fine but there are no Dunkin' Donut stores out in NorCal like there are all
    over New England. Well life just got even better in NorCal because as of a few months ago we now
    have a Dunkin Donut store right nearby. Can it get any better than this?!

    -WG No habla "Ski-Doo".

  5. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    Same here Casey.........but I got plans...... I coming back to N. California...where I can ride
    almost all year around...Dale "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BA30E0A9.38EBF%[email protected]...
    > > As always ( at least here in Nor Cal) The 03 road season begins on jan
    1st
    > > with the traditional Mt. San Bruno Hillclimb. For details see
    > > http://www.cyclepath.com/penvelo/races/sbhc.html
    > >
    > > On Jan 5th the Early Brid Training race series starts. Anyone who is interested in trying racing
    > > for the first time in nor cal should check
    > this
    > > series out. Coaching sessions before the Cat 5 race and mentors riding
    > along
    > > in the cat 5 field. for details see http://www.velopromo.com/earlybird%20criterium.htm
    > >
    > > For Info. about racing in Nor cal see http://www.ncnca.org/
    > >
    > > Casey
    > >

    > Well..I've got about 24 inches of snow in my back yard, the snowmobile cranked up and at least a
    > few months of some good Cross Country Skiing
    ahead
    > of me. I "guess" you guys are lucky, but I'd go nuts if I raced January through December (??).
    >
    > Danny Callen

  6. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

  7. Spam Hater

    Spam Hater Guest

    warren wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Dan Connelly <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> http://store6.yimg.com/I/velogear_1719_7655023
    >
    > Dunkin Donut, chocolate, glazed. 16 grams of total fat, 3 grams saturated fat. About the same as
    > peanut butter. So it's healthy right?
    >
    >> Tim Mullin wrote:

    >> > Yes it can. www.krispykreme.com
    >
    > No thanks.
    >
    > -WG

    Krispykreme.. IS IS JUST ANOTHER FUCKING DONUT!

    Joe
    --

    Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
    State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting

  8. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:261220021843560435%[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Now see there's the beauty of it. We don't have to bike race from January to December, but we
    > > can ride from January to December. And the largest x-country ski resort on the continent (320k
    > > of groomed track) is just 75 minutes away-assuming the freeway isn't closed because of a
    > > snowstorm. Now you may say that's all fine but there are no Dunkin' Donut stores out in NorCal
    > > like there are all over New England. Well life just got even better in NorCal because as of a
    > > few months ago we now have a Dunkin Donut store right nearby. Can it get any better than this?!
    > >
    > > -WG No habla "Ski-Doo".
    >
    > Yeh...but I can Snowmobile to Dunkin Donuts or 70k of skating!! In all honesty, it's nice to be
    > forced off the bike; however,

    You are right about that. It's interesting to see the difference in spring fitness when comparing
    NorCal riders to New England riders. We used to start riding in CT as soon as the temp was above 32
    and this usually gave us about 10 rides before mid-March and then we could ride every day it didn't
    rain. I've raced since in New England in May in 2000 and 201 and the NE guys were still behind, but
    not by July. So the NorCal guys get a three month headstart?! The year I moved out here I arrived
    the day before one of the biggest criteriums in NorCal-the 4th of July Davis Criterium and my
    brother Dave who hadn't trained until March won the pro 1,2 race.

    > Although, I hate to admit it but I'm not much of a donut fan..if pushed though I'll take a
    > KrispKreme any day over a Dunkin' Donut..no comparison...I'm still a Southern boy at heart!

    Y'all stay warm now, he'ah?

    -WG

  9. Warren

    Warren Guest

  10. spam hater wrote:

    > warren wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Dan Connelly <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://store6.yimg.com/I/velogear_1719_7655023
    > >
    > > Dunkin Donut, chocolate, glazed. 16 grams of total fat, 3 grams saturated fat. About the same as
    > > peanut butter. So it's healthy right?

    > > No thanks.
    > >
    > > -WG
    >
    > Krispykreme.. IS IS JUST ANOTHER FUCKING DONUT!

    Good -- for a minute I thought I was going to have to change my rear dropout.

  11. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    spam hater <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Krispykreme.. IS IS JUST ANOTHER FUCKING DONUT!

    If you didn't have all that Teamster organized crime muscle backing you up, I'd kick your ass for
    saying that!

  12. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:271220021706078884%[email protected]...

    > > Yeh...but I can Snowmobile to Dunkin Donuts or 70k of skating!! In all honesty, it's nice to be
    > > forced off the bike; however,
    >
    > You are right about that. It's interesting to see the difference in spring fitness when comparing
    > NorCal riders to New England riders. We used to start riding in CT as soon as the temp was above
    > 32 and this usually gave us about 10 rides before mid-March and then we could ride every day it
    > didn't rain. I've raced since in New England in May in 2000 and 201 and the NE guys were still
    > behind, but not by July. So the NorCal guys get a three month headstart?! The year I moved out
    > here I arrived the day before one of the biggest criteriums in NorCal-the 4th of July Davis
    > Criterium and my brother Dave who hadn't trained until March won the pro 1,2 race.

    I have to say I've only been "really" fit in May once and that was after a full year of racing and
    doing 'cross un til December. I wasn't worth a crap in September that year. Normally, I race my fat
    ass into fitness and by August I'm flying when all the early birds are burnt out. It's a delicate
    balance especially with all the work stress. I pray XCountry Skiing will give me "some" fitness and
    I'll spin the legs during the week on the trainer.

    BTW, I miss ole Dave! Where the hell is he???

    Danny