Letour regulations

Vernon

Guest
Does anyone know where I can download the full regulations for this year's
tour?

Now and again a question arises while watching the TV and it would be nice
to be able to try and find the answers in the rules.

I have found the 2006 rules at
http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/LIVE/docs/reglement_2006_us.pdf, but cannot
find the 2007 version (even by changing 2006 to 2007 in the URL).

Any better ideas out there????

> Does anyone know where I can download the full regulations for this
> year's tour?
>
> Now and again a question arises while watching the TV and it would be
> nice to be able to try and find the answers in the rules.
>
> I have found the 2006 rules at
> http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/LIVE/docs/reglement_2006_us.pdf, but
> cannot find the 2007 version (even by changing 2006 to 2007 in the
> URL).
>
> Any better ideas out there????

The UCI finalises the rules after the tour, to more effectively prevent
technical innovation ;)

Mark wrote:

>> Does anyone know where I can download the full regulations for this
>> year's tour?
>>
>> Now and again a question arises while watching the TV and it would be
>> nice to be able to try and find the answers in the rules.
>>
>> I have found the 2006 rules at
>> http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/LIVE/docs/reglement_2006_us.pdf, but
>> cannot find the 2007 version (even by changing 2006 to 2007 in the
>> URL).
>>
>> Any better ideas out there????

>The UCI finalises the rules after the tour, to more effectively prevent
>technical innovation ;)

He he :)

I was wondering about the time limit since it has three coefficients
depending on stage difficulty and is on a sliding scale dependent on
average speed.

How far outside it was McEwen yesterday? The "autobus" came in a
smidgin over 39 minutes down with Charlie Wegelius as conductor, being
last on the stage.

"Alan Braggins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Vernon wrote:
>>Does anyone know where I can download the full regulations for this year's
>>tour?
>>
>>Now and again a question arises while watching the TV and it would be nice
>>to be able to try and find the answers in the rules.

> There's http://www.letour.fr/2007/TDF/COURSE/us/reglements.html
> but it doesn't seem to have a link to the full version.

Yes, I found that one, and in French as well, but no full version link from
either.
Maybe they haven't bothered with it this year.

Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was wondering about the time limit since it has three coefficients
> depending on stage difficulty and is on a sliding scale dependent on
> average speed.
>
> How far outside it was McEwen yesterday? The "autobus" came in a
> smidgin over 39 minutes down with Charlie Wegelius as conductor, being
> last on the stage.

I read on the BBC site, I think, that he finished 1 hour and 10 minutes
down, so thirty minutes outside the limit.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

Ekul Namsob wrote:

>Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering about the time limit since it has three coefficients
>> depending on stage difficulty and is on a sliding scale dependent on
>> average speed.
>>
>> How far outside it was McEwen yesterday? The "autobus" came in a
>> smidgin over 39 minutes down with Charlie Wegelius as conductor, being
>> last on the stage.

>I read on the BBC site, I think, that he finished 1 hour and 10 minutes
>down, so thirty minutes outside the limit.

You've got to wonder why he bothered....

He must have known he was hors delai. Sometimes a large group will get
away with it. The organisers will let a large group back in but odd
ones stand no chance.

in message <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Ekul Namsob wrote:
>
>>Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering about the time limit since it has three coefficients
>>> depending on stage difficulty and is on a sliding scale dependent on
>>> average speed.
>>>
>>> How far outside it was McEwen yesterday? The "autobus" came in a
>>> smidgin over 39 minutes down with Charlie Wegelius as conductor, being
>>> last on the stage.

>>I read on the BBC site, I think, that he finished 1 hour and 10 minutes
>>down, so thirty minutes outside the limit.

> You've got to wonder why he bothered....
>
> He must have known he was hors delai.

Personal pride. He said he knew he was 'out', but wanted to finish the
stage anyway rather than abandon.

IMHO, there aren't enough committed Christians, but that's care
in the community for you. -- Ben Evans