Let's Ban Smoking!

It seems to me we have a serious national health problem. In my area we witness a high cholesterol diet, eating of junk food, excessive drinking and, above all, smoking.
I can tell you quite truthfully the people I work with are dropping dead. It's as simple as that. Many are red in the face and I rarely see them without cigarettes.
Again, I have little sympathy for this man. Any person in their right mind would consider a change of habit once diagnosed with a tumour. Yet this same guy spent his last night at work smoking up to 40 cigarettes.
So, I reiterate my view. If it were up to me I'd ban cigarettes outright. I'd ban imports, exports and remove them from the shops altogether. This is because thousands of unwilling people have had their health damaged by being in proximity to smokers.

Australian radio station this morning reported that smoking will be banned in all UK workplaces. That should make you happy Carrera! :)

In that case I'm happy :) :p :) :p :) :p
Seriously, though, the person this post was triggered by is now quite ill and will be in hospital for some days at least. On an everyday basis I got on O.K. with him and he was a good worker. But I just thought he was very silly to be smoking with an operation looming over him.
I think cases like this demonstrate some people can become so hooked on cigarettes they lose the ability to want to kick and it can ruin their lives. This is why the tobaco industry must be held accountable.
I do hope this guy gets well, however, and I hope the doctors will tell him he should quit the habit.

Peka said:
Australian radio station this morning reported that smoking will be banned in all UK workplaces. That should make you happy Carrera! :)

Carrera said:
I do hope this guy gets well, however, and I hope the doctors will tell him he should quit the habit.
ROFL, I'm sure the doctors have told him that plenty of times already! When I smoked, my doctor would tell me to quit every time I went to see him.