Let's be nice to JK

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Rooney, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...

    > "Rooney" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:09:29 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    > >><[email protected]> writes
    > >>....and what the Hell is Molished for goodness sake?
    > >>
    > >>You'll be saying next that you have been prived of an education. :)

    > > Fran was educated in a shed.

    > Sheducation :))

    Brilliant!

    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the

  2. W. D. Grey <[email protected]> writes
    >In article <[email protected]>, Gordon Harris
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>Rooney <[email protected]> writes

    >>>Fran was educated in a shed.
    >>>

    >>And has four (?) kids to prove it.
    >>
    >><D&R>

    >5

    She's been in the shed again! :)
    --
    Gordon Harris

  3. theo

    theo Guest

    "Gordon Harris" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > W. D. Grey <[email protected]> writes
    >>In article <[email protected]>, Gordon Harris
    >><[email protected]> writes
    >>>Rooney <[email protected]> writes

    >>>And has four (?) kids to prove it.
    >>>
    >>><D&R>

    >>5

    > She's been in the shed again! :)

    She was sheducted :)

    --
    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  4. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...

    > "Gordon Harris" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    > > W. D. Grey <[email protected]> writes
    > >>In article <[email protected]>, Gordon Harris
    > >><[email protected]> writes

    > >>5

    > > She's been in the shed again! :)

    > She was sheducted :)

    Good grief, this is getting worse! Oh, and Bill? 'Molish' is
    a perfectly good word, as is 'gruntled' :)
    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
    situation.

  5. Rooney

    Rooney Guest

    On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:37:55 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] said...
    >>
    >> "Gordon Harris" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > W. D. Grey <[email protected]> writes

    >> > She's been in the shed again! :)

    >> She was sheducted :)
    >>

    >Good grief, this is getting worse! Oh, and Bill? 'Molish' is
    >a perfectly good word, as is 'gruntled' :)

    And 'hevelled'?

  6. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

  7. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >Good grief, this is getting worse! Oh, and Bill? 'Molish' is
    > >a perfectly good word, as is 'gruntled' :)

    > In what language - Swahili?

    English. Honest injun.
    --

  8. Fran wrote:
    > [email protected] said...
    >> In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    >> <[email protected]> writes
    >>> Good grief, this is getting worse! Oh, and Bill? 'Molish' is
    >>> a perfectly good word, as is 'gruntled' :)

    >> In what language - Swahili?
    >>

    > English. Honest injun.

    You sure?

    molashed adj: drunk

    molass, molash n: whisky made from molasses

    gruntleĀ¹ n: a grain, fragment

    gruntleĀ² v: 1 to grunt in a low key. 2 to groan slightly. 3 (used of
    infants) to make a low cooing sound. ---n: 1 a grunting sound. 2 the moan
    of a sick cow. 3 an infant's cooing.

    gruntleĀ³, gruntill n: 1 the snout. 2 the face in general

    The meanings were taken from 'The Scots Dialect Dictionary' by Alexander
    Warrack.

    --

    Don`t Worry, Be Happy
    Sandy

  9. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

  10. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >[email protected] said...
    > >> In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    > >> <[email protected]> writes
    > >>
    > >> In what language - Swahili?
    > >>

    > >English. Honest injun.

    > Shedspeak no doubt :)

    Gruntled is in one of the major English language dictionaries;
    can't remember which one though. I'm fairly sure molish is in
    there somewhere too, but I can't find it in Google and I'm not
    very well today (a bit 'fluish', but almost certainly not
    'flu) so it'll have to wait for when I've got my brain and
    body back.
    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
    situation.

  11. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    <[email protected]> writes
    >[email protected] said...
    >> In article <[email protected]>, Fran
    >> <[email protected]> writes
    >> >[email protected] said...

    >> >English. Honest injun.

    >> Shedspeak no doubt :)
    >>

    >Gruntled is in one of the major English language dictionaries;
    >can't remember which one though. I'm fairly sure molish is in
    >there somewhere too, but I can't find it in Google and I'm not
    >very well today (a bit 'fluish', but almost certainly not
    >'flu) so it'll have to wait for when I've got my brain and
    >body back.

    Googling it throws up the SHED :)
    --
    Bill Grey