Let's check out the bike path !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Today after service it was off to see what shape the bike paths were in and if they were passable. A side benefit was having a nice little stinging headwind for 3/4 of the ride which made it feel even chiller that what it was. Found the first bike path had a section that still wasn't passable but hopefully in a week with no snow it should be better. The second path section was passable and great to see plenty of people out and about on it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6VRGZpmoto

This video of your ride is very interesting to me especially when the road starts to show the white trimmings on the side. I am really amused with snow although I know that it is cold. And when the snow became prevalent on the road, I think that is already a risky ride. I guess you need to use a different wheel for that and even ordinary shoes can be slippery. I experienced snow in Beijing and I almost slipped on my way to the Great Wall of China due to the snow on the cobblestone pathway. .

Reactions: zipp2001
It's like any other riding just after 40+ years riding in winter conditions you learn what to look for and how to handle the conditions. It beats riding the trainer indoors.

Where do you get all the crazy funky outfits? :D

I have several chef coats and pants from Loud Mouth Golf. The colorful cycling kit I designed and had custom made, and I painted my helmet and cycling shoes to match. I have also done several pairs of golf shoes and tennis shoes with the splash paint job for friends.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRCYgyHpEz0

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
It must have been extremely windy that day, those telephone poles and sign poles were bending like crazy...

It's fun to have snow while riding. I just find it hard to cycle whenever it's snowing. The ride can get tricky along the way.

Reactions: zipp2001