Let's hear it for the dumbasses!

Simon Brooke

Guest
To hear people talk around here, you'd think 'dumbass' was an insult. But
let's look at the real achievements of dumbasses over the years.

For example, Alexandre Dumbass, the novelist, most famous for 'The Three
Moustaches[1]' and 'The Accounts of Monty's Crystal', still has fifteen
of his novels in print 130 years after his death; and his son, also
Alexandre Dumbass and also a novellist (famous for 'The Dame with the
Camel's Ears').

Then there's Jean-Baptiste Dumbass, famous for measuring the weights of
stinks; and Pierre Benoît Dumbass, who was the governor of a pound of
cherries. And I'm sure there are many other great dumbasses whom I have
passed over here.

In short, dumbasses have a great tradition of success and achievement,
and we should all be proud to follow in their footsteps.

[1] My apologies if my translations from the original French are not
perfect.

;; When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> To hear people talk around here, you'd think 'dumbass' was an insult. But
> let's look at the real achievements of dumbasses over the years.
>
> For example, Alexandre Dumbass, the novelist, most famous for 'The Three

You need to cite The Shawshank Redemption for this well-known RBR meme.