Lets send spesh's "future shock" back to the stone age... :d

@jhuskey Damn you are a mean drunk! :D

@Froze... Tires man... Tires! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe but what is your point? I would have been glad to have taken a ride with Froze while he was here if I could have worked it out. I am in crappy form right now. I need this boat project done so I can work on riding less crappy.

I kind of wish he would have ordered Syria flattened instead of just part of a base, but I'm sick that way.

Syria only needs a good flyswatter. I'm hoping he nukes the NORK's in a massive surprise annihilation. Yeah, Cali might see a little radioactive cloud, but I'm willing to risk the collateral casualties. Less libtards...better Republic.

@jhuskey

Let's get some peanuts. That's one thing that's good for you. Peanuts, man, ( I mean that you -just might- be 5-0.. Oh wait, you are 5-0! :D )

@CAMPYBOB

I almost crashed on a bunch of refugees on the narrow part of the seaside the other day... I mean I was kinda drafting this weirdo and wanted to have a look and then... GUWOP! A bunch of Sy-Sy-Sy... Syrian Refugee!! folk in front of me with a baby... (hey them Arubian Gurls are pretty I tellz ya... suckers... Fudging every fudge from the Eurozone... :D )

It was so much simpler in the Byzantine Empire... :D

LOL, well heck I didn't know Volnix lived in Greece! ok then. Soooooooo, now we have that sorted out. What's the best places to see in Greece that aren't the typical tourist hangouts? which I'm sure when we go we'll see the typical tourist stuff too.

Jhuskey, if I had known you lived in the Smokey Mountains near Gatlinburg I would have came and saw you, we could have gone riding, although after being away from riding the mountains of Southern Calif for the last 15 years my legs didn't like me much and I wasn't fast anymore...LOL. I took my car to the Elkmont Campground store parked and got my bike out and rode to the Elkmont old deserted town, then turned around and went up to the Cades area and rode the loop which when I got to the loop it began raining like crazy and the wind was high the whole way around it, fortunately I thought ahead and took my rain jacket and helmet cover.

What I thought was weird was that Gatlinburg is not even remotely bike friendly, there isn't any bike lanes or paths and with tourists everywhere it made for riding the town a hazard, it was worse than riding in Los Angeles!! Wall to wall people walking about crossing streets whenever, and cars jammed in changing lanes suddenly because they don't where they're at or where they're going, so I was on high alert the whole time and eventually decided to go back to the cabin due to the hazards on that day. There aren't any bike stores in Gatlinburg, which didn't surprise me, so I went to one in Sevierville to find out about places to ride, the owner was extremely nice person, even he said there's no good places to ride in Gatlinburg or in Sevierville, but a gang he rides with go to where some remote roads are that are not heavily traveled so they go there and ride.

Hmmm... There are lots of places... You already been to the mountains and I guess that you are not gonna go to the mountains in Greece... You'll probably go to the beaches huh?

First of all, if you -have- to go to Athens try not to get mugged around Acropolis... Acropolis, as much as I dislike Athens is actually pretty impressive. Second. There are lots of water related accidents every year in Greece too... People come over, get stuffed with ouzo and calamari under the sun all day and then go night swimming... well you get it I hope... Get sunscreen, lots of it.

Also, the small parts of Greece that fill with tourists in the summer, quite often don't have too many doctors, or ambulances so try to keep safe too.

But don't worry. Tourism is Greece's basic product and the quality is actually quite good. Every time I go holidays in Greece I feel like I'm suddenly in a new country... :D

Lots of the islands don't have any trees either... There are a couple who are a bit greener and cooler...

I would suggest having a look in this book:

Plus keep in mind that it might be cheaper to come over with an organized tour with other people from there instead of organizing the whole thing alone... But also check if you can get away from the group to check some stuff you want too.

Not the tourist hangouts huh... Hating mainstream is too mainstream! :D

There are some tiny islands which don't have -anything- on them... Some people go there... :D

I just go to the middle peninsula of Halkidiki... A friend of my mom has a hotel there and I feel kinda comfy there too... It has supermarkets to buy beer, small restaurants with good food and small family hotels near the sea. I wake up, have big fat doobie... Go swimming, return to the hotel and eat and drink beer... Holidays are not supposed to be exhausting you know.. :D I don't mind the countless eastern European tourist girls either! :D

Check the book... Can't really tell you a place to go unless you get a tiny bit more specific... But I would suggest to avoid Malia in Crete, Faliraki in Rhodes, Athens altogether and all the huge hotels... and Carrol Beer... :D

51eDaYZ-Y2L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

LOL, well heck I didn't know Volnix lived in Greece! ok then. Soooooooo, now we have that sorted out. What's the best places to see in Greece that aren't the typical tourist hangouts? which I'm sure when we go we'll see the typical tourist stuff too.

Jhuskey, if I had known you lived in the Smokey Mountains near Gatlinburg I would have came and saw you, we could have gone riding, although after being away from riding the mountains of Southern Calif for the last 15 years my legs didn't like me much and I wasn't fast anymore...LOL. I took my car to the Elkmont Campground store parked and got my bike out and rode to the Elkmont old deserted town, then turned around and went up to the Cades area and rode the loop which when I got to the loop it began raining like crazy and the wind was high the whole way around it, fortunately I thought ahead and took my rain jacket and helmet cover.

What I thought was weird was that Gatlinburg is not even remotely bike friendly, there isn't any bike lanes or paths and with tourists everywhere it made for riding the town a hazard, it was worse than riding in Los Angeles!! Wall to wall people walking about crossing streets whenever, and cars jammed in changing lanes suddenly because they don't where they're at or where they're going, so I was on high alert the whole time and eventually decided to go back to the cabin due to the hazards on that day. There aren't any bike stores in Gatlinburg, which didn't surprise me, so I went to one in Sevierville to find out about places to ride, the owner was extremely nice person, even he said there's no good places to ride in Gatlinburg or in Sevierville, but a gang he rides with go to where some remote roads are that are not heavily traveled so they go there and ride.

Welcome to my hell, I agree there are no good routes on the main road but some good backroads. Sounds like you met Rick at the bike shop , a really nice guy. He has a Jan Ullrich autographed photo hanging on his wall that I got for him. The hill around here are sometimes short but as you probably noticed numerous and unforgiving in steepness. A shame I didn't know you were coming as I am sure we may have crossed paths or at least came in close proximity. I have ridden that Cades Coves Loops a few times. It is only about 10 miles and heavy in tourists stopping and swinging their doors open.
I am actually looking out over Gatlinburg right now. My office windows faces that way. I can still see fire damage but the foliage is starting to cover the scars to some degree. I guess you noticed the town for the most part is still standing.
I hope you had a good time and let me know if you get back this way but If you wait too long I may have to discuss glory days while bending over my walker in lieu of actually riding. :)