Let's Separate Aus and Nz

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cyclemanx, Dec 4, 2008.

1. cyclemanx

cyclemanx New Member

From the top left hand corner of Earth, it would appear reasonable to treat Australia and NZ as one or similar countries. However, as anyone who lives in or has visited either country knows - they are vastly different nations.
    I think it's time we recognised this diversity, and gave them separate forums.

Tags:

2. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

Not enough NZers (or Aussies, for that matter) posting to justify it ..... if you separated them, the NZ subforum would be a pretty quiet and boring place.

3. Wattsy Rules

Wattsy Rules New Member

OK,,,F.uck off

4. cyclemanx

cyclemanx New Member

Of course you are right. There are virtual no NZ threads, and yet a heck of a lot of people look at this forum, so the interest is there if only we Kiwi cyclists would get off our butts and generate some dialogue.
    Separate forums would provide several benefits -
    1. We wouldn't have to dig through virtually every thread to find NZ content.
    2. A separate ID would (hopefully) encourage Kiwi's to participate more.
    3. A lot of international cycle tourists come to NZ. They need a forum that deals exclusively with the NZ scene, which shares virtually nothing in common with the Aust scene.
    I rest my case.

5. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

I think that first you need to generate the interest amongst Kiwi cyclists to actually post to this forum ...... New Zealanders seem to be few and far between on these boards.

"Build it, and they will come" works very rarely in reality - so creating a separate subforum may not produce the outcome you desire. In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say it is highly unlikely to produce the outcome you desire.

You can differentiate NZ posts from the Aussie ones here by sticking [NZ] or [insert NZ city here] in the thread title. Might be worth trying that as a first step - see who's out there.

6. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

There's only 10 people left in NZ and one of them is Helen Clark and she'll be off to Sydney soon for sure.
    IMHO Before they get their own forum they should bow down to the West (generally in the direction of Canberra) and thank us for all we have done for them.

7. Wattsy Rules

Wattsy Rules New Member

When the sheep shaggers bow down we should 'bull dog' at the same time!!!

8. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

This should attract a few kiwis to the forum

[​IMG]

9. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

I was trying desperately to ignore this one, but you got me with that pic :D

I don't think it'll make any difference to create a new forum. Any ignorant seppos/euros will remain just that, and the intelligent ones can work out the difference without needing separated forums.

10. cyclemanx

cyclemanx New Member

OK Kiwi's, and others, let's make sure "Zealand" or "NZ" are included in the text or title.
    Like most forums, we'll attract our share of cretins, so you may need to use the IGNORE option occasionally.
    However, if we stick to cycling related topics relevant to NZ, and can refrain from being obnoxious, things should improve.
    I've tour cycled many corners of NZ, and welcome any chat about it.
    My last tour was a week out of Napier in the Hawkes Bay, Manawatu area, taking a mainly dirt road out to Palmerston North, over the infamous "Gentle Annie" hill, and returning via a 57 turbine wind-farm high on a ridge overlooking Dannevirke. We had a supporting van, which we took turns at driving.
    There's now a cycle/walking track all the way along the beachfront at Napier, which kept us off the busy highway with its narrow bridges.

11. Geoff Vadar

Geoff Vadar New Member

You go girlfriend!

[​IMG]

12. EmPat

EmPat New Member

I'll be the first Kiwi to thank the Australians.

Thanks for being the uncouth children of criminals the rest of the world think you are, it helps to have a point of difference when travelling as everyone thinks our accents are the same.

I do believe we are more simililar than either country wishes to admit though.

13. Geoff Vadar

Geoff Vadar New Member

Yep true. Generally kiwis dont sook and whine so we get on well. They are also tough and reliable in wars. We'd die like lemmings defending kiwi country.

Having said that when I went to England to play a bit of county seconds (im not a international cricketer like stinkyfoot) first mid week game I got asked beforehand by the opposition if i was kiwi or Oz. I said Oz. They went from all smiles to fucking daggers.

So I bowled bouncers at their heads for 6 overs straight and hit about 4 of them in the guts and back and helmet. One cheeky prick did hit me for six though. Cnut.

14. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

"Nobody likes us,we don't care...!"
    :D

15. classic1

Were they retarded pommies? I've met pommies who can pinpoint different English accents to a town or village, and these pommies couldn't tell a Kiwi accent from an Aussie accent.

16. Geoff Vadar

Geoff Vadar New Member

I know!!!!!! I was like 'you're fucking kidding me arent u?' I reckon in London no probs picking accents but up north (white rose) they still get confused - it would of happened at least 5-6 times I was there. To be fair I do tend to mumble and dribble spit from my mouth like a vegetable when I speak so they probably thought they were speaking to a special kid anyway.

17. classic1

I suppose some of those Northerners have only had running water and electricity for 15 years, so fair enough.

18. Geoff Vadar

Geoff Vadar New Member

Yeah but they still wont shower daily. Dirty Poms.

19. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

Dirty Poms abhor bath water like nature abhors a vacuum :p

20. classic1

The pic? I had you at 'Baaaa'