Let's settle this once and for all; Wearing pro-team jerseys :)

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Feanor, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Wow. I find the black-and-white Saxo look to be a tad generic.

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

What he said. I sport, now and again, a 7-11 jersey, with no fear that I'll be confused with either Andy Hampsten or Bob Roll. I'd be really hip to own some classic team jerseys, except with full zips (or at least 3/4 zips). The short zips in typical classic jerseys just don't work for me in the desert. And while I wouldn't wear a Team Vanderkitten jersey, I would like to wear one of the girls that wears those jersies......

[​IMG]

I do think there is something so very right about there being podium girls for womynz races....

[​IMG]

I would really dig having the jersey on the right, in the pic below. I think it's a jersey from Tour Magazine's forums:

[​IMG]

3. bianchi10

bianchi10 New Member

I'm not talking about the black and white, I'm talking about the white and blue. Now why would that require a "wow" even if I was referring to the black and white?

4. bianchi10

bianchi10 New Member

this is going to be my next jersey and bib set......PBK (probikekit.com) I LOVE IT!!

this is a skin suit, but this was the est way to show the front and back. I will get the bib shorts and jersey, not 1 piece. I would get the skin suit if it weren't for it not having the pockets in the back.

5. 40makingcircles

40makingcircles New Member

i don't own any from a team but i would wear one if i did.

6. burninglegs

burninglegs New Member

I am a plain cyclist, riding my bike for exercise and fun. I assume that the people I see wearing pro jerseys are really good cyclists or really serious cyclists.
    For that reason, I wear good cycling gear that doesn't say great cyclist. Any jersey that is colorful and has beer on it would be a favorite of mine.
    If I ever see you in team gear, I'll wave you by.
    Have fun cycling.:)

7. hod65

hod65 New Member

as i dont wear team jerseys myself i would have no problem with them they are just part of the hobby of cycling and i think putting restictions on what you should or shouldnt wear is ridiculas ,people wear football jerseys all the time old and young ...was thinking about getting 'an post' jersey sean kellys team in the near future :cool:

8. jamie72

jamie72 New Member

Most cyclists, myself included, partly inhabit a fantasy world where we "are" pro's, so wear what you want I say. Whatever makes you happy. Life's too short. P.S. I think the old Del Tongo Colnago jersey is pretty cool.

9. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

This post was meaningless without the pic of the podium girls kissing the girls standing atop of the podium...

10. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Apr├Ęs podium picture:

[​IMG]

11. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

12. CdnRider

CdnRider New Member

Great thread. even though it's quite old. still a good topic for debate.

I've owned over the years a number of team jerseys. and wore them whenever i wanted. i thought they looked great and that's all that mattered to me. plus...they were the pro teams that got me into this sport! that era. which is the late 80's. guys like Raul Alcala, Andy Hampsten, Steve Bauer, Greg Lemond, Laurent Fignon....etc. Therefore....my collection of team jerseys included a 7-Eleven, La Vie Claire, Teka, PDM... Only problem is.....most don't fit me anymore. I'm at least 20lbs heavier and basically bigger. No chance in hell I'd ever get rid of these jerseys.

I even used to wear them during club rides and crits. didn't give a rats ass what people thought.

I've you all have them....and they fit....WEAR them.

13. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Cdn, the poster that drug this back up just did it to get the rugby shirts spam in his sig posted.

But, it still is a good topic to discuss. I saw a guy on my last ride who was wearing a full pro team kit and my only thought at the time was that it really looks good. I didn't think he was a wannabe or anything and if I wasn't both cheap and poor, I might have one of those fancy racing kits myself.

14. jarodwinn

jarodwinn New Member

So if you buy a Rock Racing jersey and short off their website does it still count as a team jersey or would it be considered designer wear?

15. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

I nuked his post, sig and all.

16. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Does my USSR jersey count as "Team" wear?

17. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Don't know that this topic will ever get settled "once and for all", but when I'm in one of my pro team kits it feels like I've flipped the switch on my bottom bracket motor, sprouted wings as if wearing the maillot jeune, and Merckx in his heyday would be on the rivet tryin' to hold my wheel...'To each his own', as long as "his own" doesn't infringe upon the rights of others; aka, m.y.o.b. - that's the way it should be...easier said than done for many though...

18. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I would rather see you guys wearing a pro jersey and a Lance Armstrong make than to ride naked.
    Things can always be worse than they are.:eek:

19. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

I wondered what that mushroom cloud on the horizon was. Good job, Cyber! :cool:

20. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Don't project onto me, bud! I make ridin' naked LOOK GOOD!:D