Let's try posting a few Handy Hints-things that make cooking easier.

"Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 03:14:09 GMT, Puester
> <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
> they looked like this:
>
> >--If you keep a large variety of spices in a cabinet,
> >they are easier to find if you group them by category:
> >blends, savory, baking/sweet/leaveners, ethnic, etc.
>
> Okay, call me anal retentive, but my spices are
> alphabetized (which requires re-alphabetizing after the 14
> mo. old's visits, as my attached-to-the-wall-below-the-
> counter spice rack has become a major playing ground).
>
> And, if you wrap celery in aluminum foil, it lasts
> for weeks.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
> had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
> been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
> good dinner." Anonymous.
>
> To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

But the alphabetizing WORKS! And I'll bet "Oregano, Mexican"
come just before "Oregano, Turkish" on your rack.

Felice

"Stark Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:150320040646464176%[email protected]...
: In article
<[email protected]>, Donna
: Rose <[email protected]> wrote:
:
: > In article <[email protected]>,
: > [email protected] says...
: > > I posted about liking these cutting sheets a while
: > > back and
got flamed
: > > for not being environmentally correct. Sheesh.
: > >
: > I'm not talking about the disposable ones - these are
reusable. I've had
: > them for quite some time.
:
: How do you anchor your sheets? Mine slide all over
: creation
and I
: can't use the spongy cabinet liner that I use with
: my other
cutting
: boards.
========

Wet a dish towel and place it underneath. That should stop
the sliding. I occasionally do that to mixing bowls.

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

In article <150320040646464176%[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Donna Rose <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> > > I posted about liking these cutting sheets a while
> > > back and got flamed for not being environmentally
> > > correct. Sheesh.
> > >
> > I'm not talking about the disposable ones - these are
> > reusable. I've had them for quite some time.
>
> How do you anchor your sheets? Mine slide all over
> creation and I can't use the spongy cabinet liner that I
> use with my other cutting boards.

I don't. I've never had a problem with them moving. I use
them on top of my regular cutting boards though, not on the
counter, so perhaps that's why.
--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
hopes they are.

"Felice Friese" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> But the alphabetizing WORKS! And I'll bet "Oregano,
> Mexican" come just before "Oregano, Turkish" on your rack.
>
> Felice

Of course! Surely you jest! <BG>. I alphabetize for speed -
drives me nuts when I go to my son's house and have to check
everything to find what I want. Now, if you ask what I do
with all the time I save........?

My handy hint: What to do with a slightly used pad of Brillo
or SOS? Just put it in a small sandwich bag for the next
time you need it. No rust.

Dora

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:03:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
they looked like this:

>Mine [spices] _must_ be alphabetized as well, although I
>have them on multi-level turntables that fit in upper
>kitchen cabinets.

I can't imagine trying to find a spice out of the 3 or more
dozen jars I have if they *weren't alphabetized!

>> And, if you wrap celery in aluminum foil, it lasts
>> for weeks.
>
>I've got to try this. I don't always use celery quickly,
>and being able to keep it longer would be great.

Trust me - if you wrap celery tightly in aluminum foil,
you'll be amazed at how long it lasts. Eventually, it gets a
weird, color, but it's still stiff <g>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

In article <[email protected]>,
Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:03:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> <[email protected]> arranged random
> neurons, so they looked like this:
>
> >Mine [spices] _must_ be alphabetized as well, although I
> >have them on multi-level turntables that fit in upper
> >kitchen cabinets.
>
> I can't imagine trying to find a spice out of the 3 or
> more dozen jars I have if they *weren't alphabetized!
> >
> >> And, if you wrap celery in aluminum foil, it lasts for
> >> weeks.
> >
> >I've got to try this. I don't always use celery quickly,
> >and being able to keep it longer would be great.
>
> Trust me - if you wrap celery tightly in aluminum foil,
> you'll be amazed at how long it lasts. Eventually, it gets
> a weird, color, but it's still stiff <g>
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I use celery up too quickly for it to go bad. ;-) Even
if it gets a little limp, it's still good chopped in to
stir fry...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems-
&include=0&userid=katra

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> My handy hint: What to do with a slightly used pad of
> Brillo or SOS? Just put it in a small sandwich bag for the
> next time you need it. No rust.

I've started cutting them in quarters - it's a perfect size
for a one-pot job and there's never any waste. I don't have
to feel guilty about throwing away a rusted SOS pad that I
only used once any more.

Of course, if I've a boatload of vessels or utensils that I
need steel wool for, I'll just use a whole one.