Letter in defence

In message id <[email protected]> on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:07:54 -0000, Tony
Raven wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>Using that arguement, since I pay more tax the most people presumably I should get priority over
>most of them on hospital waiting lists and pick of the school places for my children. Must try that
>line next time a motorist complains - "Would you mind moving your car out of the way of my bicycle,
>I pay more tax than you"

My view as well. And the reason I can earn more to pay more tax is that I can get to where I need to
be faster.

But to let the tossers in cages know that? With envy not far from stupidity in the brain? No chance.
The queues at a NHS A&E are one of lifes great levellers.

> Chesney Christ <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I agree Allan and hear this "argument" all the time. The motorists who use it do not understand
> > fundamentally what a tax is. They think it is a charge which they pay to receive a service.
> >

> Using that arguement, since I pay more tax the most people presumably I should get priority over
> most of them on hospital waiting lists and pick
of
> the school places for my children. Must try that line next time a
motorist
> complains - "Would you mind moving your car out of the way of my bicycle,
> pay more tax than you"

How about mature childless people on good incomes (= big taxes) getting further education free at
point of use?

Pete