Letter in local paper

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Mar 22, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > Title "Cyclist caused us so much trouble" Re: Complaint about stealth cyclist. File size 32 kb 56k
    > download time 8 sec. http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zrider.htm

    Well I nearly collected a stealth cyclist on the bonnet of my car last night. He was lucky that 1) I
    saw him and 2) I 'knew' he had over-cooked
    it.

    This early middle aged guy on a Halfraud's special, devoid of all lights, chunders down the pavement
    of a steepish hill obviously intent on flashing across the traffic held at the lights.

    Lights change, everyone starts to move (except me -- hoot from behind). Squeal of brakes (I assume,
    I was listening to the radio), much fishtailing of bike, guy just holds it all together and neither
    falls off nor goes over the bars -- but stops in the middle of the inside lane -- my lane -- about
    10 foot from me looking sheepish.

    I only saw him as a dark shape in front of the brightly lit Chinese takeaway!!

    Oh well. Darwinism will get him eventually :(