Letter in local paper

Status

Tony W

Guest
> Title "Cyclist caused us so much trouble" Re: Complaint about stealth cyclist. File size 32 kb 56k
> download time 8 sec. http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zrider.htm

Well I nearly collected a stealth cyclist on the bonnet of my car last night. He was lucky that 1) I
saw him and 2) I 'knew' he had over-cooked
it.

This early middle aged guy on a Halfraud's special, devoid of all lights, chunders down the pavement
of a steepish hill obviously intent on flashing across the traffic held at the lights.

Lights change, everyone starts to move (except me -- hoot from behind). Squeal of brakes (I assume,
I was listening to the radio), much fishtailing of bike, guy just holds it all together and neither
falls off nor goes over the bars -- but stops in the middle of the inside lane -- my lane -- about
10 foot from me looking sheepish.

I only saw him as a dark shape in front of the brightly lit Chinese takeaway!!

Oh well. Darwinism will get him eventually :(

Status
Not open for further replies.