leverage on XT sti brake levers

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Danny Alcott, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Danny Alcott

    Danny Alcott Guest

    I put a set of XT sti shifters on my bike, when I tried to change the leverage setting the little
    blocks don't line up to go back in. Does any one have any experience with making this adjustment.
    There are two little plastic blocks with a screw thru a small tab that hold them in place when I try
    to put them back in with the cable connecter in the top or middle position the screws don't line up
    with the holes. Thanks for any help

    Danny

    Tags:

  2. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Danny Alcott wrote:
    > I put a set of XT sti shifters on my bike, when I tried to change the leverage setting the little
    > blocks don't line up to go back in. Does any one have any experience with making this adjustment.
    > There are two little plastic blocks with a screw thru a small tab that hold them in place when I
    > try to put them back in with the cable connecter in the top or middle position the screws don't
    > line up with the holes. Thanks for any help
    >
    > Danny

    If these are like the XTR V brakes, the little blocks don't go back in.

    David