Levi "bitter and angry" about the Tour

Scotttri said:
Do the crime to the time. The worlds smallest violin is playing for him!!!

Umm what crime? Join the wrong team?

The guilty have been banned - Vino/Kash/that other guy and now the whole team are paying the price...

Personally I think it's wrong - Contador/Kloden/Leipy should be there.

Eldron said:

The guilty have been banned - Vino/Kash/that other guy and now the whole team are paying the price...

Oops, I should really read the thread properly rather than skimming........Levi and Landis mixed up ( apologies ) I to think people should be innocent until proven guilty and it would have been good for Contador to have a chance and deffending his title!!

Scotttri said:
Oops, I should really read the thread properly rather than skimming........Levi and Landis mixed up ( apologies ) I to think people should be innocent until proven guilty and it would have been good for Contador to have a chance and deffending his title!!

Gotta love brain farts - I called Mark Cavenish american this morning....DOH!

The part that bothers me is that whoever wins this year's TdF can't actually say they're the best - the best of the rest maybe but not the best.

The record books will remain though....

Eldron said:
Gotta love brain farts - I called Mark Cavenish american this morning....DOH!

The part that bothers me is that whoever wins this year's TdF can't actually say they're the best - the best of the rest maybe but not the best.

The record books will remain though....
Thats a fair comment. Kloden and Contador would have been up there. In all fairness though I think Evans is as good as either of them, but we'll never know....well not this year at least. I guess the thing would be next year if the winner from this years race and Contador both race.

Eldron said:

the tour is really missing levi. its lacking the charm that levi brings to races. he is one of the finest riders of our generation.

Ashley.S.Olsen said:
the tour is really missing levi. its lacking the charm that levi brings to races. he is one of the finest riders of our generation.
There is sarcasm there isn't there???? I mean sure he's an alright rider but i wouldnt go that far

Scotttri said:
There is sarcasm there isn't there???? I mean sure he's an alright rider but i wouldnt go that far
no. levi has a very large support base. in years to come there will be fellow american cyclists who will reference his achievements as an inspiration. sometimes we forget there is a human being under the helmet. levi is not just a cycling powerhouse machine. he is a human loved by many. those who really know him are excited just how generous and loving he is to his fellow cyclists and fans. for example he has a very large following from young men under 16.

Ashley.S.Olsen said:
no. levi has a very large support base. in years to come there will be fellow american cyclists who will reference his achievements as an inspiration. sometimes we forget there is a human being under the helmet. levi is not just a cycling powerhouse machine. he is a human loved by many. those who really know him are excited just how generous and loving he is to his fellow cyclists and fans. for example he has a very large following from young men under 16.
HAHAHAHA!!! I Bet he does

Ashley.S.Olsen said:
Sheesh. I almost took that seriously until the bit about the human loved by many... :D

Think its great that someone from an US team is leading the Tour despite the best efforts of the french. Be better if an American on an American teaam would win the whole thing. I love the French
Powerful Pete said:
Sheesh. I almost took that seriously until the bit about the human loved by many... :D

obxbes said:
Think its great that someone from an US team is leading the Tour despite the best efforts of the french. Be better if an American on an American teaam would win the whole thing. I love the French
I love the French too. And do not dislike Americans (married one, actually). But of course, you are mistaken. An Italian from an Italian team winning the Tour is almost as good as an Italian on an Italian team winning the Giro. ;)

obxbes said:

I am an American and have not a clue why the French would give a **** what an American team does? Do you really know what the average French frog man thinks of the tour? Let’s not boast before paris HU? After all these guys suck!

I'd hardly call them an American team.
Telekom > T-Mobile > High Road > Columbia

All they did was change the country of their license.
Gives them an image change from the T-Mobile bad publicity of the few years before hand.

In affect it's worked because people (as seen above) are refering to them as a US team blah blah blah.

As for Levi, I don't think he has any grounds to be bitter. He signed with Astana in full knowledge of what occurred at the TDF in 07 and the drama that followed. He & the others would surely have known of the threats of Astana not being invited to the tour. Unless he lives under a rock somewhere in the middle of nowhere and clearly didn't read the news during the tour. He must have wonder where all the Astana riders disappeared to, probably thought he dropped them. :p

Trev_S said:
I'd hardly call them an American team.
Telekom > T-Mobile > High Road > Columbia

All they did was change the country of their license.
Gives them an image change from the T-Mobile bad publicity of the few years before hand.

In affect it's worked because people (as seen above) are refering to them as a US team blah blah blah.

As for Levi, I don't think he has any grounds to be bitter. He signed with Astana in full knowledge of what occurred at the TDF in 07 and the drama that followed. He & the others would surely have known of the threats of Astana not being invited to the tour. Unless he lives under a rock somewhere in the middle of nowhere and clearly didn't read the news during the tour. He must have wonder where all the Astana riders disappeared to, probably thought he dropped them. :p

Methinks Astana are kicking themselves for not changing their team name and colours now....

Unless of course Lance's feeling of "they left Astana out because ASO hate Arsmstrong/Bruyneel" is correct.

High Road/Columbia/T-Mobile have a closet full of skeletons at least as big as Astana's if not worse - systematic doping/bust riders/dirty team management/confessions galore...

Breath Eldron breath :D

Ah well - at least I have the fact that Contador/Kloden/Leipheimer will fill the podium at TdF '09 to help me sleep at night ;)

Eldron said:
Ah well - at least I have the fact that Contador/Kloden/Leipheimer will fill the podium at TdF '09 to help me sleep at night ;)
HAH!! Dont you mean dream at night, cause thinking that'll be the case has to be a dream :p

Scotttri said:
HAH!! Dont you mean dream at night, cause thinking that'll be the case has to be a dream :p

Oh to sleep - perchance to dream...I'd love Kloden to win a tour (ok THAT is probably a pipe dream) between being Jan's *****, Astana, poor health and bad luck he's only had once good shout at the Tour (was he 2nd or 3rd???).

Eldron said:
Oh to sleep - perchance to dream...I'd love Kloden to win a tour (ok THAT is probably a pipe dream) between being Jan's *****, Astana, poor health and bad luck he's only had once good shout at the Tour (was he 2nd or 3rd???).
2nd I think. Now putting Kloden in a strong team where he is team leader, Contador in another and Evans in the third would make for a great race, no disrespect for Valverde but but I dont think he's as good as the other three......happy to be proven wrong though