Levi should be wearing yellow ... yes?

zeppelin77

Jul 28, 2007
How does the saying go? Hindsight is 20/20.
Doping issues aside, don't you think Levi would be wearing yellow if he hadn't paced Contador up the last climb in the last day in the Pyrennes?
After today's TT stage, only about 8 seconds separate Levi and Evans and 31 seconds to Contador. Though Levi didn't look nearly as strong as Ras up the last climb, he looked stronger than Contador. And I believe he held back a little to help Contador up to keep him within peeking distance to Ras. He could've put 31 seconds into Contador on that last climb easily.
I know it doesn't matter in the long run, but Levi seems like a real standup dude. I'm glad he's on the podium.

I think Bruyneels plan worked out perfectly, except he didn't count on Contador looking like the next great TDF rider to dominate for years to come as soon as he did. If Contador would have worked for LL, then it would be LL in yellow. But Contador became everything Bruyneel thought he would be. Bruyneel has a eye for talent.
Contador,Evans, and LL rode brilliant races. Cadel is also to be congragulated but he was simply out teamed.

Anyone who thinks LL should be kicked out of the TDF because of the penalty is new to the game of bike racing. What he did was what everyone has done over the years..... it is a accepted practice, hence the 10 second slap on the wrist.

wolfix said:
I think Bruyneels plan worked out perfectly, except he didn't count on Contador looking like the next great TDF rider to dominate for years to come as soon as he did. If Contador would have worked for LL, then it would be LL in yellow. But Contador became everything Bruyneel thought he would be. Bruyneel has a eye for talent.
Contador,Evans, and LL rode brilliant races. Cadel is also to be congragulated but he was simply out teamed.

Anyone who thinks LL should be kicked out of the TDF because of the penalty is new to the game of bike racing. What he did was what everyone has done over the years..... it is a accepted practice, hence the 10 second slap on the wrist.
Johan's eye for drugged talent:

Basso
Contador
Andreu
Pharmstrong
Ferrari
Heras
Landis
Hamilton
Joachim
Beltran
Padrnos

if half the GC contenders hadn't effed up their doping schedules or fallen or had to leave the tour, then levi wouldn't be have a chance at yellow.

SaintAndrew said:
if half the GC contenders hadn't effed up their doping schedules or fallen or had to leave the tour, then levi wouldn't be have a chance at yellow.
totally!

Doctor.House said:
Johan's eye for drugged talent:

Basso
Contador
Andreu
Pharmstrong
Ferrari
Heras
Landis
Hamilton
Joachim
Beltran
Padrnos
Actually according to your beliefs, he couldn't be claimed to have a good eye for drugged talent. Drugged talent is all there is to pick from, correct? lol If so, he has no choice but to pick dopers does he? That being said, the original statement is apparently true.. he picks winners. :)

zeppelin77 said:
Doping issues aside, don't you think Levi would be wearing yellow if he hadn't paced Contador up the last climb in the last day in the Pyrennes?
After today's TT stage, only about 8 seconds separate Levi and Evans and 31 seconds to Contador. Though Levi didn't look nearly as strong as Ras up the last climb, he looked stronger than Contador. And I believe he held back a little to help Contador up to keep him within peeking distance to Ras. He could've put 31 seconds into Contador on that last climb easily.
I know it doesn't matter in the long run, but Levi seems like a real standup dude. I'm glad he's on the podium.
I'd have to agree, he definitely was willing to sacrifice for the team. Today was his day, against the clock..and he did very well.

SaintAndrew said:
But they have and they did.. And Levi is where he is. Its a pitty that Ras was taken out after the mountain stages had all finnished though. If ras and the rabos wouldnt have dominated the stages in the mountains than the top of the GC might have looked a bit different. For sure the tactics used in the stages that mattered would have been different. Anyway you cant blaime Levi for how things turned out and he is riding a pretty decent tour.

Mansmind said:
Actually according to your beliefs, he couldn't be claimed to have a good eye for drugged talent. Drugged talent is all there is to pick from, correct? lol If so, he has no choice but to pick dopers does he? That being said, the original statement is apparently true.. he picks winners. :)
Andreu?
Joachim?
Beltran?
Padrnos?

he picked doped helpers too idiot.

Doctor.House said:
Andreu?
Joachim?
Beltran?
Padrnos?

Dude, your missing the point... Acording to you, everyone is doped up on something, so his choices are - no team, no carreer or pick doped riders...

Julian G. said:
Dude, your missing the point... Acording to you, everyone is doped up on something, so his choices are - no team, no carreer or pick doped riders...
Difficult to discuss with house. He always replies with a few sentences which are not actually related to the question you posed and he writes it down in a way that tries to make his reply look like the ultimate and almighty revalation that leaves no room for debate.

Doctor.House said:
Andreu?
Joachim?
Beltran?
Padrnos?

Idiot? What is more "idiotic" is to be completely consumed in one view, whether it is true or not.

Doctor.House said:
Think what you like, it really matters not to me.

My life consists of more than sitting here making 600ish posts on one topic in a couple months time. My word for that is "consumed", you call it whatever pleases you. In fact, cycling, as much as I enjoy it.. is a relatively small part of my life.

You're narrow-minded, and obviously are one of those that has to resort to "name-calling". Do you not realize that to have a discussion, it generally helps things work a little better if you can actually address the topic being discussed. If you don't have anything constructive to add, just....shut up. Your post count won't climb so quickly as a result. :)

Levi should be right where he is. If he wanted to win he should have stepped up earlier. He hosed himself. Contador acted like he wanted it more and the team stuck behind behind him. Levi had chances earlier in the Tour and sat there.

zeppelin77 said:
I don't think Levi lost any time pacing Contador in the Pyrenees. If he did, it would have been a minimal amount I think. Also, don't forget early in the Alps, Contador was yoyoing back and forth helping Levi. That could have cost him a minute or two.