Levi should have won TdF?

On 08/09/2007 12:57 PM, in article
[email protected], "Andy Coggan"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Aug 7, 5:52 pm, Araxen <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Well if he bothered to learn English he might have gotten the message.

> Let me guess: you're from the US, aren't you?
>
> Andy Coggan (who only speaks English, but still doesn't expect that
> everyone else in the world learn the language)

Datakoll is posting from central Florida ... Odds are that he's a) male, and
b) American.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

could be Levi as a TdF leader potential winner was in danger from the
french-English-Spanish because Levi is Jewish.
the crowd. egged on by Prudhomme/ASO, drove Rasmussen out.
If one examines the overall TdF picture, where you came from, your
gross ethnic ID is extremely impoortvant here, more conclusive than
time speed distance.

On Aug 9, 2:57 pm, Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 5:52 pm, Araxen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Andy Coggan wrote:

> > > According to Contador, he was calling for Leipheimer to wait for him,
> > > but apparently the message didn't get through.

> > > Andy Coggan

> > Well if he bothered to learn English he might have gotten the message.

> Let me guess: you're from the US, aren't you?
>
> Andy Coggan (who only speaks English, but still doesn't expect that
> everyone else in the world learn the language)

Well, you don't have to learn an entire language, do you? Just a few
words. I seem to remember Armstrong learning some. Remember when he
****** Pantani off yelling 'vitesse' to him on the Ventoux? I'd
imagine just a few words in French; Italian, Spanish and English would
do the trick. Piano, vitesse, etc

Of course, I bet Levi knows some Spanish. I mean, he lives part of
the year in Girona, and the rest of the year he lives in Santa Rosita
(how about that? Spanish name). At this point, I bet the most
predominate language spoken in California *is* Spanish.

But, it's convenient for Levi not to have understood, and it's also
equally for Contrador to use the translation/earpiece excuse. I was
surprised too, at Levi's move on the climb. I figured that:

He wanted to make time on Evans, and his earpiece 'stopped' working
He was allowed to go
Disco knew already that the chicken was on the way out (Johan has
connections)
Contrador, didn't want to yell out loud for Levi to wait, to keep his
struggles hidden
Zorgon, from the planet Ziljhan took over the radio communications

On Aug 10, 7:33 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> could be Levi as a TdF leader potential winner was in danger from the
> french-English-Spanish because Levi is Jewish.
> the crowd. egged on by Prudhomme/ASO, drove Rasmussen out.
> If one examines the overall TdF picture, where you came from, your
> gross ethnic ID is extremely impoortvant here, more conclusive than
> time speed distance.

As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.

Ben

On Aug 10, 12:36 pm, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Datakoll is posting from central Florida ... Odds are that he's a) male, and
> >>b) American.

> >I'd put my money on Space Alien...

> Native Floridian, close.
>
> Ron

Could be he's over in Kissimmee working for the Giant Rat. That would
explain a whole lot of things.
I lived a couple of miles from Gatorland for a while. That was
interesting.
Bill C

[email protected] wrote:
> On Aug 10, 7:33 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> could be Levi as a TdF leader potential winner was in danger from the
>> french-English-Spanish because Levi is Jewish.
>> the crowd. egged on by Prudhomme/ASO, drove Rasmussen out.
>> If one examines the overall TdF picture, where you came from, your
>> gross ethnic ID is extremely impoortvant here, more conclusive than
>> time speed distance.

> As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
> Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.
>
> Ben

I never knew that about Zoetemelk. But Leipheimer sounds pretty
teutonic to me.

Steve (nominally a Levi)

On Aug 10, 4:16 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Aug 10, 7:33 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > could be Levi as a TdF leader potential winner was in danger from the
> > french-English-Spanish because Levi is Jewish.
> > the crowd. egged on by Prudhomme/ASO, drove Rasmussen out.
> > If one examines the overall TdF picture, where you came from, your
> > gross ethnic ID is extremely impoortvant here, more conclusive than
> > time speed distance.

> As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
> Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.
>
> Ben

dumbass,

what about argentin ?

wrote:
> On Aug 10, 7:33 am, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > could be Levi as a TdF leader potential winner was in danger from the
> > french-English-Spanish because Levi is Jewish.
> > the crowd. egged on by Prudhomme/ASO, drove Rasmussen out.
> > If one examines the overall TdF picture, where you came from, your
> > gross ethnic ID is extremely impoortvant here, more conclusive than
> > time speed distance.

> As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
> Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.
>
> Ben

uh what was levi wearing for the VERSUS portraits? a luftwaffe uniform?

why me? i'm NE preppy bohemian: degree, jewish german, spanish,
tunisian, lebanese, cuban, PR and god help us french from bayreux and
marseille. we all play baseball, race cars, and run white water.

datakoll wrote:
> uh what was levi wearing for the VERSUS portraits?

a luftwaffe uniform?

He could wear a Luftwaffe uniform if he joined
the German air force today (and was German, but
that's not a good idea for a cyclist these days
with the the hypocritical hysteria emanating
from there).

Perhaps you meant an SS uniform.

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
> Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.
>
> datakoll wrote:
>> uh what was levi wearing for the VERSUS portraits?

> a luftwaffe uniform?
>
> He could wear a Luftwaffe uniform if he joined
> the German air force today (and was German, but
> that's not a good idea for a cyclist these days
> with the the hypocritical hysteria emanating
> from there).
>
> Perhaps you meant an SS uniform.

Or perhaps you missed the allusion that Levi was flying?

On Aug 11, 10:18 am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > As far as I know, Levi, unlike Tour winner and fan favorite
> > Joop Zoetemelk, is not Jewish. It's not all in the name.

> > datakoll wrote:
> >> uh what was levi wearing for the VERSUS portraits?

> > a luftwaffe uniform?

> > He could wear a Luftwaffe uniform if he joined
> > the German air force today (and was German, but
> > that's not a good idea for a cyclist these days
> > with the the hypocritical hysteria emanating
> > from there).

> > Perhaps you meant an SS uniform.

> Or perhaps you missed the allusion that Levi was flying?

well, fersure Levi is not French.