Lew rims and tire widths

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emory

I recently purchased som Lew wheels and am getting ready to mount some new tires to them. My
question is what width will work best on these rims. The rims are narrow 17mm (with a 15mm glue bed)
will a 22 mm tire such at a conti sprinter 250 sit well enough on these rims? I would like to be
able to run at least a 22mm tire so I could ride these in crits also I just don't like narrow tires.
If it matters I am 179lbs. and corner pretty hard.

Thanks in advance. Emory

emory-<< I recently purchased som Lew wheels and am getting ready to mount some new tires to them.
My question is what width will work best on these rims. The rims are narrow 17mm (with a 15mm glue
bed) will a 22 mm tire such at a conti sprinter 250 sit well enough on these rims? >><BR><BR>

Sure-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Using 22mm tires might negate some of the aero benefit of such narrow rims. Perhaps you bought the
wrong wheels for your needs. But they should attach just fine.

"Emory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I recently purchased som Lew wheels and am getting ready to mount some new tires to them. My
> question is what width will work best on these rims. The rims are narrow 17mm (with a 15mm glue
> bed) will a 22 mm tire such at a conti sprinter 250 sit well enough on these rims? I would like to
> be able to run at least a 22mm tire so I could ride these in crits also I just don't like narrow
> tires. If it matters I am 179lbs. and corner pretty hard.
>
> Thanks in advance. Emory

Status
Not open for further replies.