Lew rims and tire widths

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Emory, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. Emory

    Emory Guest

    I recently purchased som Lew wheels and am getting ready to mount some new tires to them. My
    question is what width will work best on these rims. The rims are narrow 17mm (with a 15mm glue bed)
    will a 22 mm tire such at a conti sprinter 250 sit well enough on these rims? I would like to be
    able to run at least a 22mm tire so I could ride these in crits also I just don't like narrow tires.
    If it matters I am 179lbs. and corner pretty hard.

    Thanks in advance. Emory

    Tags:

  2. emory-<< I recently purchased som Lew wheels and am getting ready to mount some new tires to them.
    My question is what width will work best on these rims. The rims are narrow 17mm (with a 15mm glue
    bed) will a 22 mm tire such at a conti sprinter 250 sit well enough on these rims? >><BR><BR>

    Sure-

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Using 22mm tires might negate some of the aero benefit of such narrow rims. Perhaps you bought the
    wrong wheels for your needs. But they should attach just fine.

    news:[email protected]...