Liberals hard at work

On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.
>
> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

This isn't "Liberals hard at work", it's "Controlling Idiots hard at
work". The same kind of idiots who seek to control a woman's body, to
control what transpires in the bedroom and control who can marry.

DI <[email protected]> wrote:
> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.
>
> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicy...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003599447

Err, are you saying there's no 'government control' of what auto you
can drive on the road? Unless I'm completely mistaken, I'm pretty sure
you can't take a top fuel dragster out to the corner store on public
streets. Nobody finished with a hot day on the salt flats can drive
their rocket car to Walmart and buy some tacky plastic ****.

Currently, the man is totally oppressing me. I wanted to put 8 foot
sharpened steel spikes to the front grill of my car. I totally need
that modification for driving for ice cream. Those meany liberals are
really bumming me out. Also, the wife said no. [0]

Additionally New Jersey is not a particularly liberal state. They're
not very conservative either in my experience. They're very status quo
in general IME.

If anything, you should be blaming the big department stores like
Target, Walmart and other places that sell badly assembled BSOs with
faulty quick releases and no real staff to make sure bike buyers know
how to use the bikes.

I'm sure there's some sob story that got lots of play on the local news
about Timmy losing his front wheel when braking or something and doing a
face plant as a result [1]. The hand wringing, moaning, gnashing of
teeth and gratuitous use of the news to highlight someone's personal
tragedy [2] are more likely the reason the bill exists than any 'liberal
agenda'.

I think the legislation is drivel personally, but I think your title is
flamebait with little basis in fact. There's plenty of stupid
legislation that comes from all ends of the political spectrum.

[0] You see that! Did you see that! Did you see her opressing me?!?
[1] Face plants, something I have recently become intimately acquainted
with. More details later when I'm feeling up to it.
[2] Let's face it, these sort of things suck, but they aren't news.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
You cannot run Windows innocently. Guilt of aiding & abetting, at the

"Dane Buson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> Err, are you saying there's no 'government control' of what auto you
> can drive on the road? Unless I'm completely mistaken, I'm pretty sure
> you can't take a top fuel dragster out to the corner store on public
> streets. Nobody finished with a hot day on the salt flats can drive
> their rocket car to Walmart and buy some tacky plastic ****.
>
> Currently, the man is totally oppressing me. I wanted to put 8 foot
> sharpened steel spikes to the front grill of my car. I totally need
> that modification for driving for ice cream. Those meany liberals are
> really bumming me out.

Do you have any idea how dumb all this sounds?

DI <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Dane Buson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Err, are you saying there's no 'government control' of what auto you
>> can drive on the road? Unless I'm completely mistaken, I'm pretty sure
>> you can't take a top fuel dragster out to the corner store on public
>> streets. Nobody finished with a hot day on the salt flats can drive
>> their rocket car to Walmart and buy some tacky plastic ****.
>>
>> Currently, the man is totally oppressing me. I wanted to put 8 foot
>> sharpened steel spikes to the front grill of my car. I totally need
>> that modification for driving for ice cream. Those meany liberals are
>> really bumming me out.

> Do you have any idea how dumb all this sounds?

You should probably write a better intro then. Don't go waving the
"Government interference" and "evil liberal" flags if you don't actually
post any content to back it up.

I wouldn't have responded with anything like that if you had posted a
reasonable summary like:

"Wow, this sucks, legislators from New Jersey are looking at banning
quickreleases on all bicycles. What a bunch of retarded poo flinging
monkeys. Why would they do that?"

Instead you started right up with some partisan flamebait in the title
and first sentence. If all you really want to do is troll, then that's
a fine strategy admittedly. If you want an honest discussion, you might
wish to modify your approach.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
"I don't see anything wrong with being arrogant

On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.
>
> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

I'm pretty sure that the NJ legislature, like most states'
legislatures, doesn't actually contain enough real liberals to get
even a symbolic resolution passed, let alone a bill. I mean, it is
composed of a mix of Rs and Ds, right? But I'm going to assume that
this item is really about the proposed NJ QR law and not about the
political makeup of the legislature.

So it looks to me like, if the bill is passed, the implications are
that NJ road bikes and high end MTBs would have to be sold with bolted
skewers, and you might then have to carry a 4mm or 5mm hex key to
remove the wheels. Or you could then buy aftermarket QR skewers and
put them in yourself, rather than asking the shop to sell you the bike
that way. A savvy shop might just credit you for the bolted skewers
if you returned them.

Forgive me if I don't see this as a huge problem. A small nuisance
for lycra dudes, maybe, and possibly a good thing for the mechanically
inept, but not a huge problem.

I'm now going to show you an example of what we Texans have to put up
with from our conservative Republican legislators. You know, the ones
who advocate freedom and personal responsibility.

>From http://bicycleaustin.info/newsletter/2001-02-09.html :

Bill would ban bikes on Texas roadways

Senator Jeff Wentworth (R-San Antonio) has filed SB238, which would,
in Texas:

1. Prohibit cyclists from riding in groups of three or more on FM
and RM roads in Texas with unimproved shoulders. (i.e., country roads
with no extra paved space to the right of the traffic lane),
2. Prohibit cyclists from riding two or more abreast, on ANY road,
and
3. Require cyclists to wear the "slow vehicle" triangle emblem, on
ANY road.
There's little use in writing to the bill's sponsor, Wentworth, unless
he's your Senator. He's already received a ton of mail from cyclists
across the state, and he's not budging. (He filed the bill at the
request of the Texas Farm Bureau, who have apparently had enough of
pesky cyclists on their rural roads.)
Further, this bill seems to conflict with the Senator's philosophy,
stated on his website: "In the Texas Senate, Wentworth's votes are
based upon his philosophy of local control, less government
interference and regulation, and personal responsibility."

Call me crazy, but I'll take mandatory bolted skewers from busybody
Yankees over getting kicked off the road by conservative redneck
jackasses any day.

Chalo

On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:
> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.
>
> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

I find the assumption that wheels smaller than 20 inches in diameter
would only be found on children's' bicycles offensive.

On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:

The above is utter BS, Sherman. Are you a Jobst wannabe?

> > all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> > notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.

> >http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

> I find the assumption that wheels smaller than 20 inches in diameter
> would only be found on children's' bicycles offensive.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:

> The above is utter BS, Sherman. Are you a Jobst wannabe?
>

>> > all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
>> > notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.

>> >http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

>> I find the assumption that wheels smaller than 20 inches in diameter
>> would only be found on children's' bicycles offensive.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

???? I don't understand.

DI <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
>>>
>>> I find the assumption that wheels smaller than 20 inches in diameter
>>> would only be found on children's' bicycles offensive.

> ???? I don't understand.

Tom is a proud supporter of... The Dark Side. As you probably know The
Bikes That Shall Not Be Named often have wheels smaller than 26" or
700c. Or if they do have a larger wheel, it will be matched with a
smaller wheel (usually in front).

I'm pretty sure he's talking specifically about this paragraph:

>While originally drafted to ban quick release wheels on children???s
>bikes, the bill was recently amended to include bikes with 20-inch or
>larger wheels.

i.e., The unstated assumption is anything with less than 20" wheels is a
childs bike. Folding bikes and more horizontally oriented bikes often
have smaller wheels.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
I brake for chronovores

In article <[email protected]>, "DI" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.

durably.

<http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_display.jsp?v
nu_content_id=1003599447>

If a link is too long, it's often best to run it through tinyurl,
<http://tinyurl.com/>, which will yield a shorter link, like this
<http://tinyurl.com/2l5d9o>.

..max

On Jun 23, 10:13 pm, "Ozark Bicycle" wrote:
> On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> > On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:

> The above is utter BS, Sherman. Are you a Jobst wannabe?

Did I touch a nerve in the pseudonym crowd?

Alex Moulton will explain: < http://www.alexmoulton.co.uk/>.

www.netnanny.com?

On Jun 24, 12:41 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> max wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, "DI"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive
> >> take notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.

> > more durably.

> > <http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...
> > nu_content_id=1003599447>

> > If a link is too long, it's often best to run it through tinyurl,
> > <http://tinyurl.com/>, which will yield a shorter link, like this
> > <http://tinyurl.com/2l5d9o>.

> > .max

> www.netnanny.com?

Anybody else see this as more than a touch ironic?

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:
>> all you folks advocating government control of what auto we drive take
>> notice, it can and will also happen to you sooner or later.
>>
>> http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_disp...

> I find the assumption that wheels smaller than 20 inches in diameter
> would only be found on children's' bicycles offensive.

There's a mistake in the text of the bill, where they probably meant to
use "unless" instead of "if."

9 c. (1) It shall be an unlawful practice for any person to sell a
10 bicycle which is equipped with a quick release wheel __if__:
11 (a) the front wheel diameter is greater than 20 inches; or
12 (b) it is a specialty adult bicycle with a front wheel diameter of
13 20 inches or less.

As written, it makes no sense, as it means that bicycles with wheels 20
inches or smaller could have quick releases.

On Jun 24, 8:07 am, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 10:13 pm, "Ozark Bicycle" wrote:
>
> > On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> > > On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:

> > The above is utter BS, Sherman. Are you a Jobst wannabe?

> Did I touch a nerve in the pseudonym crowd?

Nah, you're just a small-minded, dim-witted twerp. And, apparently, a
little-old-lady style busybody/gossip.

You offer proof to the notion tha doeks ride recumbents.

On Jun 24, 8:07 am, some lil old lady posting as Johnny Sunset aka Tom
Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 10:13 pm, "Ozark Bicycle" wrote:
>
> > On Jun 23, 6:33 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> > > On Jun 22, 6:57 pm, "DI" (who?) anonymously snipes:

> > The above is utter BS, Sherman. Are you a Jobst wannabe?

> Did I touch a nerve in the pseudonym crowd?

Tom Sherman: proof positive that dorks ride recumbents.