Liberty seguros

acpinto

Jul 4, 2006
1st of all- Another portuguese cycling team is being dismantled.

2nd - This time 3 of their riders tested positive for CERA.

3rd - one of them won the portuguese volta. Nuno Ribeiro.

4th - you shoul remember Nuno because he was one liberty rider ( manolo sainz ),i can't remember the other one, that was prevented of entering the Giro 2005 because of a high hematocrit.
at he time nuno was fired by manolo and readmited in Americo silva's liberty seguros team.

5th - Lyberty after ending their sponsoring to manolo because of doping now will end another sponsoring because of doping.

6th - i find hard to believe that no one from liberty as asked why a fired doper was admited in another tem under their sponsoring. Thefore i believe that Liberty seguros and their sponsoring department knows that heir team doped.
Could doping be a way of circulating dirty money? Is it possible that bi coperation use "illegal" income to provide money to dopping in sports?

little surprise in the liberty seguros squad being hit by wada/uci. portugal wasn't doing much to police its own athletic ranks.

as to the corporations using cycling to move money around illegally, i highly doubt this. the amounts they would need to move around would stick out like a sore thumb against cycling's paltry outlays of money. besides, why would a corporation need to engage in this practice through cycling teams when they would get a better return on "investment" by purchasing a country's government.

slovakguy said:
as to the corporations using cycling to move money around illegally, i highly doubt this. the amounts they would need to move around would stick out like a sore thumb against cycling's paltry outlays of money. besides, why would a corporation need to engage in this practice through cycling teams when they would get a better return on "investment" by purchasing a country's government.

i didn't speak only about cycling but about all sports.

How much of the dirty money is used to pay doping doctoors and pharmacos.
The money can never be in the book of the organization, i supose. So either is ta
ken through the salaries of the cyclists or never enter the organisation and is used directly on doping. Just my guess.

cyclingnews.com said:
Xacobeo releases team doctor with Liberty Seguros ties

Team Xacobeo-Galicia released one of its team doctors, Alberto Beltrán. He previously worked with team Liberty Seguros, a team which had three of its riders test positive for blood booster Erythropoietin (EPO) yesterday.

Beltrán was a team doctor at Liberty Seguros until this summer. Xacobeo hired him September 2 because it was short of team doctors at the Vuelta a España. With the International Cycling Union's permission, it hired Beltrán and he started when the Vuelta transferred to Spain for stage five.

Xacobeo terminated its contract with Beltrán immediately after hearing about the three positives at Liberty Seguros. It was "simple preventative measure and without making any value judgements," said the team.

The International Cycling Union (UCI) announced yesterday that Nuno Ribeiro, Isidro Nozal and Hector Guerra tested positive for third generation EPO, CERA. The riders have the right to request counter-analysis for confirmation.

"I am innocent and I have never doped," Guerra, 31, said yesterday. The three riders' positive controls came from the Volta a Portugal, which Ribeiro won.
Xacobeo Releases Team Doctor With Liberty Seguros Ties | Cyclingnews.com

Is it true that Contador had a minor heart attack while on Liberty Seguros? The kid's gotta go easy on the sauce.

No_Positives said:
Is it true that Contador had a minor heart attack while on Liberty Seguros? The kid's gotta go easy on the sauce.

No that was when he heard old man lance was joining astana

No_Positives said:

not quite, wikipedia says;

During the first stage of the 2004 Vuelta a Asturias he started to feel unwell, and after 40 kilometers he fell and went into convulsions. He had been suffering from headaches for several days beforehand and was diagnosed with a cerebral cavernoma, a congenital vascular disorder, for which he underwent risky surgery and a recovery to get back on his bike. As a result of the surgery, he has a scar that runs from one ear to the other over the top of his head

It doesn't look like its anything to do with sauce.