lickton's gets no more business from me!

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
>
> [snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]
>
>> Tell ya what, Walter, go get me a shiney sharp object from your
>> kitchen drawer.

> I recommend a grapefruit knife.
>
> I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
> Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
> wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
> old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

"http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH-573815&Click=8779"

$34.93 for 12 of them.

"SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Keats wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>> [snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]
>>
>>> Tell ya what, Walter, go get me a shiney sharp object from your
>>> kitchen drawer.

>> I recommend a grapefruit knife.
>>
>> I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
>> Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
>> wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
>> old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

> "http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH-573815&Click=8779"
>
> $34.93 for 12 of them.

How much is shipping?

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Keats wrote:
>>> In article <[email protected]>,
>>> Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
>>>
>>> [snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]

>>> I recommend a grapefruit knife.
>>>
>>> I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
>>> Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
>>> wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
>>> old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

>> "http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH-573815&Click=8779"
>>

>> $34.93 for 12 of them.

> How much is shipping?

That was *funny*. Laugh out loud funny. Thanks, Carl.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Lickton's is a brick and mortar shop that has been in business for at
> least 30+ years, since I first did business with them in 1978 and they
> were well-known then. Bob Lickton is notorious cranky and, from a
> customer service perspective, that's not a particularly good thing as
> you point out. On the other hand, he's managed to be in business for a
> long time and to develop a reputation as one of the better shops in the
> Chicago area. So he's done something right.
>
> I'm baffled by buying a lock ring by mail order and not just riding down
> to the LBS to get one. Unless you only have LBSes with worse customer
> service than Lickton's.
>
> As a customer, of course, you certainly have the right to no longer do
> business with them if their service was unsatisfactory from your
> perspective.

i don't know but this is a good story...but that has no turning point about
animals