Lidia's Italian

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Richard Gams, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Richard Gams

    Richard Gams Guest

    Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    might have a recipe.

    Thanks.

    Richard

    Tags:

  2. Janet

    Janet Guest

    Check out ciaoitalia.com.

    Janet

    "richard gams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    > zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    > might have a recipe.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Richard

  3. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On 15 Feb 2004 06:26:33 -0800, [email protected] (richard gams)
    wrote:

    >Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    >zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    >might have a recipe.

    No, sorry but you might try investigating the TV schedule. Sometimes they list the recipes made on a
    show. My local stations don't seem to carry it.

    http://www.lidiasitaly.com/tv_show.html

    You might also be able to get an answer on the "contact us" page.

  4. Anna Maria

    Anna Maria Guest

    richard gams wrote:
    > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    > zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    > might have a recipe.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Richard

    I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of meat (generally chicken)
    cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post
    it, but I am catching a plane today later in the afternoon.

    Ciao,

    Anna Maria

    http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    richard gams wrote:

    > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    > zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    > might have a recipe.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Richard

    One of her shows just came on, and at the bottom of the screen it said For further information,
    contact lidiasitaly.com.

    You can try there.

    nancy

  6. Richard Gams

    Richard Gams Guest

    anna maria <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > richard gams wrote:
    > > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    > > zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    > > might have a recipe.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Richard
    >
    > I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of meat (generally chicken)
    > cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post
    > it, but I am catching a plane today later in the afternoon.
    >
    > Ciao,
    >
    > Anna Maria
    >

    > http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

    Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky braised
    onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but all mixed
    together in a serving bowl.

    Richard

  7. The Cook

    The Cook Guest

    [email protected] (richard gams) wrote:

    >Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
    >zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
    >might have a recipe.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Richard

    It is probably in her "Italian American" cookbook. We are moving and my books are not accessible.

    --
    Susan N.

    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

  8. richard gams wrote:

    > Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky
    > braised onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
    > all mixed together in a serving bowl.

    So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa if you prefer. Peperonata in the center-north
    of Italy is usually made without meat, just peppers and some other vegetables, like zucchini, maybe
    potatoes...

    Vilco

  9. Richard Gams

    Richard Gams Guest

    "Vilco [out]" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > richard gams wrote:
    >
    > > Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky
    > > braised onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
    > > all mixed together in a serving bowl.
    >
    > So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa if you prefer. Peperonata in the center-north
    > of Italy is usually made without meat, just peppers and some other vegetables, like zucchini,
    > maybe potatoes...
    >
    > Vilco

    Thanks

    Richard