Lidia's Italian

Richard Gams

Guest
Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
might have a recipe.

Thanks.

Richard

Check out ciaoitalia.com.

Janet

"richard gams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
> zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
> might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

On 15 Feb 2004 06:26:33 -0800, [email protected] (richard gams)
wrote:

>Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
>zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
>might have a recipe.

No, sorry but you might try investigating the TV schedule. Sometimes they list the recipes made on a
show. My local stations don't seem to carry it.

http://www.lidiasitaly.com/tv_show.html

You might also be able to get an answer on the "contact us" page.

richard gams wrote:
> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
> zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
> might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of meat (generally chicken)
cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post
it, but I am catching a plane today later in the afternoon.

Ciao,

Anna Maria

http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

richard gams wrote:

> Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
> zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
> might have a recipe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

One of her shows just came on, and at the bottom of the screen it said For further information,
contact lidiasitaly.com.

You can try there.

nancy

anna maria <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> richard gams wrote:
> > Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
> > zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
> > might have a recipe.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Richard
>
> I didn't see the show, but should be a "peperonata" that is a dish of meat (generally chicken)
> cooked with a lot of bell peppers. It is a delitious recipe. Sorry for not having the time to post
> it, but I am catching a plane today later in the afternoon.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Anna Maria
>

> http://www.annamariavolpi.com/page28.html

Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky braised
onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but all mixed
together in a serving bowl.

Richard

[email protected] (richard gams) wrote:

>Yesterday I saw Lidia's Italian American Table on PBS. She did a dish of chunked peppers,
>zucchini, onions and beef tenderloin. Anybody know the Italian name for this dish, and perhaps
>might have a recipe.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Richard

It is probably in her "Italian American" cookbook. We are moving and my books are not accessible.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

richard gams wrote:

> Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky
> braised onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
> all mixed together in a serving bowl.

So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa if you prefer. Peperonata in the center-north
of Italy is usually made without meat, just peppers and some other vegetables, like zucchini, maybe
potatoes...

Vilco

"Vilco [out]" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> richard gams wrote:
>
> > Grazie, Anna Maria, but the recipe she showed was braised beef tenderloin mixed with chunky
> > braised onions, peppers, zucchini (and maybe potatoes, I don't remember) braised separately but
> > all mixed together in a serving bowl.
>
> So that's peperonata served with meat, or vice-versa if you prefer. Peperonata in the center-north
> of Italy is usually made without meat, just peppers and some other vegetables, like zucchini,
> maybe potatoes...
>
> Vilco

Thanks

Richard