Lidl - any branches got the computer?

Clogicrogerc

Guest
My local Lidls have:

Southmead Branch - virtually none of the cycling gear - just the t shirt I think. Bedminster Branch
- shorts, helmets, pumps, lights, t shirts, socks, saddles, gel saddle covers.

But neither has the computer which is what I was after.

Anyone know of a South West England or South Wales Lidl that has them? Or alternatively another
source of a computer for around a fiver ("my first computer" :) )

RC

CLogicRogerC wrote:
> Or alternatively another source of a computer for around a fiver ("my first computer" :) )

I got a reasonable one from Wilkinson's for £6.99 - Atech 8AK: all the usual basic functions, very
compact & light & neat; bracket slightly dodgy though but fixed ok. The shops do change models from
time to time so you might not get such a good one.

If you can push the boat out to £13 (go on!:), the Echo 7 from Dyason's
is good. Its mode button is a bit squashy but you might not mind that :
www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/shop.asp?no_category=7&text_company=COMPUTERS

I do NOT recommend the 1p (yes, one penny!) computer SJS Cycles are selling. Chunky, difficult
to setup, and most importantly, does not have full auto start and stop. And don't forget postage
is a fiver.

~PB

<<I got a reasonable one from Wilkinson's for £6.99 - Atech 8AK: all the usual basic functions, very
compact & light & neat; bracket slightly dodgy though but fixed ok. The shops do change models from
time to time so you might not get such a good one.>>

Cheers - I'll take a look tomorrow, theres a Wilkinsons just round the corner.

RC

They have all the stuff in the Letchworth, Herts branch including computers. Didn't buy anything but
did notice their sign said £2 or £4 (can't remember which) cheaper than Argos so I would guess you
can get it from Argos.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to
adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George
Bernard Shaw

CLogicRogerC <[email protected]> wrote:
> My local Lidls have:
>
> Southmead Branch - virtually none of the cycling gear - just the t shirt I think. Bedminster
> Branch - shorts, helmets, pumps, lights, t shirts, socks, saddles, gel saddle covers.
>
> But neither has the computer which is what I was after.
>
> Anyone know of a South West England or South Wales Lidl that has them? Or alternatively another
> source of a computer for around a fiver ("my first computer" :) )
>
> RC

In message <[email protected]>, CLogicRogerC <[email protected]> writes
>Anyone know of a South West England or South Wales Lidl that has them? Or alternatively another
>source of a computer for around a fiver ("my first computer" :) )

Cardiff (Colchester Avenue) had them on Saturday.
--
Michael MacClancy

Tylorstown branch in South Wales had two last Thursday.

TB

CLogicRogerC wrote:

> My local Lidls have:
>
> Southmead Branch - virtually none of the cycling gear - just the t shirt I think. Bedminster
> Branch - shorts, helmets, pumps, lights, t shirts, socks, saddles, gel saddle covers.
>
> But neither has the computer which is what I was after.
>
> Anyone know of a South West England or South Wales Lidl that has them? Or alternatively another
> source of a computer for around a fiver ("my first computer" :) )
>
> RC

The Branch in Wells, Somerset have them and most of the other stuff too.

On the Lidl website there appear to be panniers and rack mounting briefcases which I'd like a look
at, anyone know if these are available anywhere? The release dates of some products seem different
in England than in Germany.

http://www.lidl.de/de/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20030403.index

I think Halfords sell cheap and cheerful computers too.

TB

CLogicRogerC wrote:

> <<I got a reasonable one from Wilkinson's for £6.99 - Atech 8AK: all the usual basic functions,
> very compact & light & neat; bracket slightly dodgy though but fixed ok. The shops do change
> models from time to time so you might not get such a good one.>>
>
> Cheers - I'll take a look tomorrow, theres a Wilkinsons just round the corner.
>
> RC

Loads left in Carmarthen Lidl.

news:[email protected]...