Lidl cycling stuff

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call Me Bob, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    Lidl have some cycling stuff in their weekly specials next week (from Thurs 27th)

    Includes:

    Cordless cycle computer £6.99 (I bought one last year, perfectly adequate but a bit sluggish to
    react to speed changes)

    Lockable plastic rear bike box £5.99

    F & R light set £3.99 (Again I bought a set last year, perfectly good but I wouldn't trust your life
    to 'em. Mine went on pub bike as extra "Here I am!")

    Coolmax & Lycra cycling shorts £4.99

    Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    consider these? :eek:) )

    Helmets £9.99 (kids ones £3.99)

    Then assorted things like alu bottles, saddles, tools, locks, pumps.

    Obviously this ain't top notch stuff, but I've found in the past that much of their stuff is
    good value.

    Bob

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:

    > Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    > consider these? :eek:) )

    Any plain yellow ones? (Brighter the better!)

    ~PB

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:42:07 -0000, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    >> consider these? :eek:) )

    >Any plain yellow ones? (Brighter the better!)

    Doesn't look like it Pete. Leaflet says four styles available and shows photo of four grinning
    cyclists, none of them dressed in plain yellow.

    Bob

  4. Rudge

    Rudge Guest

    I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing and
    the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
    opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    > consider these? :eek:) )

    What sort of colours and patterns? And are the zips a decent length? I usually get a Lidl leaflet
    through the door on Friday with the local paper, but last week's paper hasn't appeared yet.

    Thomas Paine

  6. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:19:37 -0000, "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Call me Bob wrote:
    >> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    >> consider these? :eek:) )
    >
    >What sort of colours and patterns? And are the zips a decent length? I usually get a Lidl leaflet
    >through the door on Friday with the local paper, but last week's paper hasn't appeared yet.

    Actually, they're not that bad, just not really to my taste. Couple of them look pale blue with
    either yellow or navy contrast bits, one white with a few different coloured bands and the boldest
    is red and blue with a little yellow at the hem (this assumes the ones in the shops will match the
    leaflet of course).

    The zips aren't very long, just from neck down to about nipple height.

    Bob

  7. Trealaw Boy

    Trealaw Boy Guest

    I think the lights were a real bargain last year. Front and rear lights, mounting brackets plus
    batteries! I think the front light is bright, though the not as well focussed as more expensive
    brands. However, the rear light is excellent. At £3.99 its a steal, the batteries are almost worth
    that. I'll get another set this time round.

    Track pump is also excellent for £7. Cycle computer is okay , but the mounting bracket is inferior,
    it broke first time.

    I also got a rear carrier box, which is ideal for short errands down the shops.

    Trealaw Boy.

    Rudge wrote:

    > I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing
    > and the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
    > opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

  8. Trealaw Boy

    Rudge wrote:

    > I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing
    > and the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
    > opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

  9. Trealaw Boy

    Rudge wrote:

    > I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing
    > and the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
    > opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

  10. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > The zips aren't very long, just from neck down to about nipple height.

    I think I'll pass then. No matter how pretty the colours, I always regret buying jerseys with
    short zips.

    The price is good, but not all that much better than some of the deals I've got from
    http://www.probikekit.com

    Thomas Paine

  11. Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Lidl have some cycling stuff in their weekly specials next week (from Thurs 27th)
    >
    > Includes:
    >
    > Cordless cycle computer £6.99 (I bought one last year, perfectly adequate but a bit sluggish to
    > react to speed changes)
    >
    > Lockable plastic rear bike box £5.99
    >
    > F & R light set £3.99 (Again I bought a set last year, perfectly good but I wouldn't trust your
    > life to 'em. Mine went on pub bike as extra "Here I am!")
    >
    > Coolmax & Lycra cycling shorts £4.99
    >
    > Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
    > consider these? :eek:) )
    >
    > Helmets £9.99 (kids ones £3.99)
    >
    > Then assorted things like alu bottles, saddles, tools, locks, pumps.
    >
    > Obviously this ain't top notch stuff, but I've found in the past that much of their stuff is
    > good value.
    >

    > Bob

    I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.

  12. >I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.

    They don't have a UK web site, unlike Aldi.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  13. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    [email protected] (Michael Green) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.

    You could try www.lidl.de It's all in German (obviously) but usually "aktuelle Angebote" (current
    offers) gives you at least an idea of what they'll have in the UK. Lots of what they have they buy
    for all of Europe (hence low prices) but some of it is only available in certain regions (Regionales
    Angebote).

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  14. Nbruce

    Nbruce Guest

    Graeme <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Michael Green) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.
    >
    > You could try www.lidl.de It's all in German (obviously) but usually "aktuelle Angebote" (current
    > offers) gives you at least an idea of what they'll have in the UK. Lots of what they have they buy
    > for all of Europe (hence low prices) but some of it is only available in certain regions
    > (Regionales Angebote).
    >
    > Have fun!
    >
    > Graeme

    you could try this link...