Lidl cycling stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Call Me Bob

Lidl have some cycling stuff in their weekly specials next week (from Thurs 27th)

Includes:

Cordless cycle computer £6.99 (I bought one last year, perfectly adequate but a bit sluggish to
react to speed changes)

Lockable plastic rear bike box £5.99

F & R light set £3.99 (Again I bought a set last year, perfectly good but I wouldn't trust your life
to 'em. Mine went on pub bike as extra "Here I am!")

Coolmax & Lycra cycling shorts £4.99

Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
consider these? :eek:) )

Helmets £9.99 (kids ones £3.99)

Then assorted things like alu bottles, saddles, tools, locks, pumps.

Obviously this ain't top notch stuff, but I've found in the past that much of their stuff is
good value.

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

Call me Bob wrote:

> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
> consider these? :eek:) )

Any plain yellow ones? (Brighter the better!)

~PB

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:42:07 -0000, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
>> consider these? :eek:) )

>Any plain yellow ones? (Brighter the better!)

Doesn't look like it Pete. Leaflet says four styles available and shows photo of four grinning
cyclists, none of them dressed in plain yellow.

Bob
--

I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing and
the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

Call me Bob wrote:
> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should

What sort of colours and patterns? And are the zips a decent length? I usually get a Lidl leaflet
through the door on Friday with the local paper, but last week's paper hasn't appeared yet.

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
Thomas Paine

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:19:37 -0000, "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Call me Bob wrote:
>> Coolmax jerseys £5.99 (Colours look a bit bright for my taste, perhaps only Danny Colyer should
>> consider these? :eek:) )
>
>What sort of colours and patterns? And are the zips a decent length? I usually get a Lidl leaflet
>through the door on Friday with the local paper, but last week's paper hasn't appeared yet.

Actually, they're not that bad, just not really to my taste. Couple of them look pale blue with
either yellow or navy contrast bits, one white with a few different coloured bands and the boldest
is red and blue with a little yellow at the hem (this assumes the ones in the shops will match the
leaflet of course).

The zips aren't very long, just from neck down to about nipple height.

Bob
--

I think the lights were a real bargain last year. Front and rear lights, mounting brackets plus
batteries! I think the front light is bright, though the not as well focussed as more expensive
brands. However, the rear light is excellent. At £3.99 its a steal, the batteries are almost worth
that. I'll get another set this time round.

Track pump is also excellent for £7. Cycle computer is okay , but the mounting bracket is inferior,
it broke first time.

I also got a rear carrier box, which is ideal for short errands down the shops.

Trealaw Boy.

Rudge wrote:

> I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing
> and the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my
> opinion. Last years cycle track pump was a bargain.

I think the lights were a real bargain last year. Front and rear lights, mounting brackets plus
batteries! I think the front light is bright, though the not as well focussed as more expensive
brands. However, the rear light is excellent. At £3.99 its a steal, the batteries are almost worth

Track pump is also excellent for £7. Cycle computer is okay , but the mounting bracket is inferior,
it broke first time.

Trealaw Boy.

Rudge wrote:

> I was pleased with the Lidl light set until the front mounting bracket broke on the third outing
> and the light was crushed by the following car. The designers used the wrong type of plastic in my

it broke first time.

Trealaw Boy.

Rudge wrote:

Call me Bob wrote:
> The zips aren't very long, just from neck down to about nipple height.

I think I'll pass then. No matter how pretty the colours, I always regret buying jerseys with
short zips.

The price is good, but not all that much better than some of the deals I've got from
http://www.probikekit.com

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
Thomas Paine

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Lidl have some cycling stuff in their weekly specials next week (from Thurs 27th)
>
> Includes:
>
> Cordless cycle computer £6.99 (I bought one last year, perfectly adequate but a bit sluggish to
> react to speed changes)
>
> Lockable plastic rear bike box £5.99
>
> F & R light set £3.99 (Again I bought a set last year, perfectly good but I wouldn't trust your
> life to 'em. Mine went on pub bike as extra "Here I am!")
>
> Coolmax & Lycra cycling shorts £4.99
>
>
> Helmets £9.99 (kids ones £3.99)
>
> Then assorted things like alu bottles, saddles, tools, locks, pumps.
>
> Obviously this ain't top notch stuff, but I've found in the past that much of their stuff is
> good value.
>
>
>
>
> Bob

I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.

>I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.
>

They don't have a UK web site, unlike Aldi.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

[email protected] (Michael Green) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.

You could try www.lidl.de It's all in German (obviously) but usually "aktuelle Angebote" (current
offers) gives you at least an idea of what they'll have in the UK. Lots of what they have they buy
for all of Europe (hence low prices) but some of it is only available in certain regions (Regionales
Angebote).

Have fun!

Graeme

Graeme <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Michael Green) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > I can't find a uk prescence for Lidl on the web. Where are they? Thanks.
>
> You could try www.lidl.de It's all in German (obviously) but usually "aktuelle Angebote" (current
> offers) gives you at least an idea of what they'll have in the UK. Lots of what they have they buy
> for all of Europe (hence low prices) but some of it is only available in certain regions
> (Regionales Angebote).
>
> Have fun!
>
> Graeme

you could try this link...

http://www.lidl.de/de/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20030403.index

Status
Not open for further replies.