Lidl heads up

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dirtylitterboxo, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling specials on.

    Examples Lycra cycling shorts £5.99 Lycra cycling tights
    £6.99 CoolMax short-sleeved jersey £4.99 CoolMax short-
    sleeved MTB jersey £5.99

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
    correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**-
    nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

  3. <Peter Clinch> wrote:
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >> From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling
    >> specials on.
    >
    > see http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.2004-
    > 0322.index for the whole lot.

    I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "I've got nothing
    against your right leg. Unfortunately, neither have you."

  4. > > see http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20-
    > > 040322.index for the whole lot.
    >
    > I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    > join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?

    You just wander in and buy the stuff. It's like a small,
    cheap supermarket.

  5. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:

    > I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    > join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?

    Just walk in and buy.

    Only problem I have with Lidl is it isn't a one-stop grocery
    stop, which the local GigaTesco is. Plus they stopped doing
    packs of 9 mini RitterSport bars for 90p just when I was
    seriously hooked on them :-(

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext.
    33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177

  6. <dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers> wrote:
    >>I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    >>join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?
    >>

    > You just walk in and buy - it's a supermarket. Be aware
    > though, it's cash, cheque or debit card only - no credit
    > card transactions.

    Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll cycle
    over tomorrow. I don't suppose you know their opening times?
    Their website isn't forthcoming on the subject.

    > I'm interested in having a look at the pannier rack
    > mountable briefcase for £4.99
    >
    > The Lidl cycle jerseys are *excellent* value. They wash
    > and wear with no trouble at all. If you want something
    > simple and without advertising, the Lidl and Aldi cycling
    > jerseys are just the job and without having to cough up
    > loads of toonas to buy one.

    It was the jerseys I was fancying. They look ideal to me.

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "Supreme
    excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance

  7. Burt

    Burt Guest

    "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers> wrote:
    > >>I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    > >>join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?
    > >>

    > > You just walk in and buy - it's a supermarket. Be aware
    > > though, it's
    cash,
    > > cheque or debit card only - no credit card transactions.
    >
    > Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll
    > cycle over tomorrow. I don't suppose you know their
    > opening times? Their website isn't forthcoming on the
    > subject.

    If you do a search on their website for a store near you,
    using your postcode, it will find your nearest and if you
    click on the link it will give you the opening times etc.

  8. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling specials on.
    >
    > Examples Lycra cycling shorts £5.99 Lycra cycling tights
    > £6.99 CoolMax short-sleeved jersey £4.99 CoolMax short-
    > sleeved MTB jersey £5.99
    >
    > Bearing in mind you get what you pay for !

    Graham

  9. <burt> wrote:
    > "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> >>

    >> > You just walk in and buy - it's a supermarket. Be aware
    >> > though, it's
    > cash,
    >> > cheque or debit card only - no credit card
    >> > transactions.
    >>
    >> Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll
    >> cycle over tomorrow. I don't suppose you know their
    >> opening times? Their website isn't forthcoming on the
    >> subject.
    >>
    > If you do a search on their website for a store near you,
    > using your postcode, it will find your nearest and if you
    > click on the link it will give you the opening times etc.

    Hmm. I get the list of stores, and links to 'Map' and 'Go to
    store' (which gives directions) but no link that gives
    opening times :(

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "The men who run
    the world are democrats at home and dictators abroad."

  10. > Bearing in mind you get what you pay for !

    > Graham

    I've had no problems whatsoever with any Lidl stuff - it's
    washed time and time again with no shrinkage, no fadings,
    and the CoolMax is excellent at wicking sweat away. Indeed I
    think you get cycling clothes that are extremely good value
    for money. For everyday cycling, it can't be beaten IMO.

    Cheers, helen s

  11. On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:24:02 +0000 (UTC), Graham wrote:

    > "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m27.aol.com...
    >> From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling
    >> specials on.
    >>
    >> Examples Lycra cycling shorts £5.99 Lycra cycling tights
    >> £6.99 CoolMax short-sleeved jersey £4.99 CoolMax short-
    >> sleeved MTB jersey £5.99
    >>
    >> Bearing in mind you get what you pay for !
    >
    > Graham

    Quotes are wrong but these are the words of the same Graham
    who has so much dosh that he owns a Colnago and is a self-
    confessed snob. ;-)

    --
    Michael MacClancy Random putdown - "He had delusions of
    adequacy." - Walter Kerr www.macclancy.demon.co.uk

  12. Burt

    Burt Guest

    "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <burt> wrote:
    > > "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    could

    > > cash,
    > >>
    > >> Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll
    > >> cycle over tomorrow. I don't suppose you know their
    > >> opening times? Their website isn't forthcoming on the
    > >> subject.
    > >>
    > > If you do a search on their website for a store near
    > > you, using your postcode, it will find your nearest and
    > > if you click on the link it will give you the opening
    > > times etc.
    >
    > Hmm. I get the list of stores, and links to 'Map' and 'Go
    > to store' (which gives directions) but no link that gives
    > opening times :(

    many apologies, I thought the opening times were there, but
    you are right, everything but, so I rang their helpline.
    They all open at 9am weekdays.

    > --
    > Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "The men who
    > run the world are democrats at home and dictators abroad."
    > - George Monbiot

  13. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    >> Quotes are wrong but these are the words of the same
    >> Graham who has so much dosh that he owns a Colnago and is
    >> a self-confessed snob. ;-)
    >
    > Oh I'd love a Colnago - I think they are more than bikes,
    > they are works of art. My favourite design was/is the map
    > of the world design.

    Not for me, far too common. Perhaps a classic Master with
    straight forks from the late eighties in Wordperfect
    colours, matching period groupset.

  14. <burt> wrote:
    > "Keith Willoughby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hmm. I get the list of stores, and links to 'Map' and 'Go
    >> to store' (which gives directions) but no link that gives
    >> opening times :(
    >>

    > many apologies, I thought the opening times were there,
    > but you are right, everything but, so I rang their
    > helpline. They all open at 9am weekdays.

    Hah! Thanks!

  15. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  16. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > <Peter Clinch> wrote:
    >
    >>dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>
    >>>From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling
    >>>specials on.
    >>
    >>see http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.2004-
    >>0322.index for the whole lot.
    >

    > I've never been in a Lidl. Are they the type you have to
    > join, or could I just walk in and buy this stuff?

    One further thing to note. I think they charge for carrier
    bags (Or is that Aldi) so take one with you. I will be
    detouring there from work.

    Stan Cox

  17. <Danny Colyer> wrote:
    > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    >> Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll
    >> cycle over tomorrow.
    >
    > There might not be much point if the stuff's not going to
    > be available until 22 March ;-)

    Damned good point!

    I think I'll cycle over on Monday.

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ Suddenly,
    it's Sooty

  18. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:

    > <Danny Colyer> wrote:
    > > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > >> Kewl. Thanks. There's one in Caerphilly. I think I'll
    > >> cycle over tomorrow.
    > >
    > > There might not be much point if the stuff's not going
    > > to be available until 22 March ;-)
    >
    > Damned good point!
    >
    > I think I'll cycle over on Monday.

    I thought that Lidl's always changed their stock on
    Thursdays? Or does it vary between stores?

    John B

  19. Frobnitz

    Frobnitz Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > I think I'll cycle over on Monday.
    >
    > I thought that Lidl's always changed their stock on
    > Thursdays? Or does it vary between stores?

    That's Aldi.

    Who also do occasional good deals on cycle products, but not
    this week.

  20. <JohnB> wrote:
    > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    >>
    >> <Danny Colyer> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > There might not be much point if the stuff's not going
    >> > to be available until 22 March ;-)
    >>
    >> Damned good point!
    >>
    >> I think I'll cycle over on Monday.
    >
    > I thought that Lidl's always changed their stock on
    > Thursdays? Or does it vary between stores?

    According to the website, there's one set of specials
    starting Thursday, and another on Monday.

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "Wrecked,
    solitary, here."