Lidl heads up

-On 16 Mar 2004 16:52:56 GMT, [email protected]
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

>> Bearing in mind you get what you pay for !
>>
>> Graham
>>

>I've had no problems whatsoever with any Lidl stuff -
>it's washed time and time again with no shrinkage, no
>fadings, and the CoolMax is excellent at wicking sweat
>away. Indeed I think you get cycling clothes that are
>extremely good value for money. For everyday cycling, it
>can't be beaten IMO.

See if I can get over to Slough to take a look.

Pronunciation was never my strong point, so I have to ask,
how do you pronouce 'Lidl' ?

garryb

garryb59 wrote:

> Pronunciation was never my strong point, so I have to ask,
> how do you pronouce 'Lidl' ?

Lidd el

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:24:37 +0000, garryb59 wrote:

> Pronunciation was never my strong point, so I have to ask,
> how do you pronouce 'Lidl' ?
>
> garryb

Here it's pronounced Liddle but in German it's Leedle.
--
Michael MacClancy Random putdown - "I have never killed a
man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." -

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:23:08 +0000, Michael MacClancy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:24:37 +0000, garryb59 wrote:
>

>> Pronunciation was never my strong point, so I have to
>> ask, how do you pronouce 'Lidl' ?
>>
>> garryb
>

>Here it's pronounced Liddle but in German it's Leedle.

Yeah thanks...that was one of the options I was
getting too :)

garryb

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) of AOL,
http://www.aol.co.uk wrote:

>From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling specials on.
>
>Examples Lycra cycling shorts £5.99 Lycra cycling tights
>£6.99 CoolMax short-sleeved jersey £4.99 CoolMax short-
>sleeved MTB jersey £5.99

Anyone know how Lidl sizes shape up? The Aldi largest size
really is very large, but I'm wondering if the same is
true of Lidl.

Steph veryfatbirdonabike

>Anyone know how Lidl sizes shape up? The Aldi largest size
>really is very large, but I'm wondering if the same is
>true of Lidl.
>
>Steph veryfatbirdonabike

It varies. But it this way, I've got Lidl cycling jerseys in
XL which are not a tight fit. Ditto for the shorts. Yet -
I've also got stuff ion the same size which *is* snug. I
always open the bags & check out the stuff for size.

Cheers, helen s also veryfatbirdonabike

Steph Peters wrote:

> [email protected]
> (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) of AOL,
> http://www.aol.co.uk wrote:
>
> >From 22 March, Lidl have one of their cycling
> >specials on.
> >
> >Examples Lycra cycling shorts £5.99 Lycra cycling tights
> >£6.99 CoolMax short-sleeved jersey £4.99 CoolMax short-
> >sleeved MTB jersey £5.99
>
> Anyone know how Lidl sizes shape up? The Aldi largest size
> really is very large, but I'm wondering if the same is
> true of Lidl.

I suppose it depends whether they are made in Italy or
the US ;-)

John B

"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>Steve Cox wrote:

> > <> >
> that Aldi) so take one with you.

They also don't take credit cards only debit cards - a
useful device for keeping the middle classes out

Cliff