Lidl 'like-a'bike' equivalent next Thursday

wafflycat

Guest
Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials

The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99

Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

wafflycat said:
Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials

The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99

Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence
on fame & fortune from organisation
to get correct email address
~Noodliness is Good~
How 'like a bike' is it? Does it have those two round things between the rider and the ground?

wafflycat wrote:
> Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials
>
> The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99
>
> Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99
>
> Cheers, helen s

e q u i v a l e n t? Did I really read that?

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

"M-gineering" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>> Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials
>>
>> The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99
>>
>> Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99
>>
>> Cheers, helen s
>>

> e q u i v a l e n t? Did I really read that?

Yes, you did. It's just as good, having seen both the Lidl one and the
'like-a-bike' If I were in that market right now, I'd be buying the Lidl one
as it's entirely fit for purpose based on the ones for sale in the last
couple of years.

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> "M-gineering" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > wafflycat wrote:
> >> Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials
> >>
> >> The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99
> >>
> >> Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99
> >>
> >> Cheers, helen s
> >>

> > e q u i v a l e n t? Did I really read that?
> >

> Yes, you did. It's just as good, having seen both the Lidl one and the
> 'like-a-bike' If I were in that market right now, I'd be buying the Lidl one
> as it's entirely fit for purpose based on the ones for sale in the last
> couple of years.

I got the Tchibo metal one a while back for the youngest (which he
loves). It is used as an indoor bike only, zooming around the house. He
was trying to 'track stand' it yesterday and complaining it has no
pedals.. Must get him up to the park this evening with his proper
bike..

The like-a-bike thinghy is not the worlds best wheels or fittings - all
the bearings are friction ones - but it is solidly built and eminently
fit for the purpose to which it has been put (ie getting in the way and
annoying SWMBO).

regards

...d

wafflycat wrote:
> Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials
>
> The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99
>
> Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99

I'll big this up. Bought one for Ben last year, he's finally grown into
it (now 2 yrs 9 mths) and its great, he loves it.

Only point to note is, varnish is wearing away (but not flaking). So
when it gets bad I'll give it a light sand and new coat.

I rushed out to buy one at £30. Shall I get a spare at £10, or maybe one
for 3 mth Lucy?

Phil

wafflycat wrote:
> Mr Colyer of this parish knows how good the product is.

Indeed I do. Highly recommended if you have kids under 4. Or, at that
price, if you ever plan to have kids under 4, or if you have nieces or
nephews who haven't learnt to ride yet.

I think I might get one ready for my 1yo niece. And maybe another one
for my nephew's 3rd birthday.

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>> Mr Colyer of this parish knows how good the product is.

> Indeed I do. Highly recommended if you have kids under 4. Or, at that
> price, if you ever plan to have kids under 4, or if you have nieces or
> nephews who haven't learnt to ride yet.
>
> I think I might get one ready for my 1yo niece. And maybe another one for
> my nephew's 3rd birthday.

I shall be obtaining one (with a bit of luck) for my grandniece who is
coming up two. One cannot start them too early in the ways of cycling :-D

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> Next Thursday (27/07/06), Lidl specials
>
> The 'like-a-bike' equivalent £9.99
>
> Yes, you did read correctly, £9.99

Thanks for that Helen. Does anyone know roughly how much it weighs? The
reason I ask is that I'm about to email my dad and ask him to send one
out to me here in Australia. I've been planning on making a like-a-bike
copy for a while, but with house renovations and general lack of time I
think my son will fit my bike before I get round to it!

Now all I've got to do is find a reasonably cheap and not too slow way
of sending it!

Graeme

On 20 Jul 2006 19:07:51 -0700, Graeme Dods <[email protected]> wrote:

> wafflycat wrote:
> >
> > Yes, you did read correctly, 9.99

> Thanks for that Helen. Does anyone know roughly how much it weighs? The
> reason I ask is that I'm about to email my dad and ask him to send one
> out to me here in Australia. I've been planning on making a like-a-bike
> copy for a while, but with house renovations and general lack of time I
> think my son will fit my bike before I get round to it!

The one we bought last time (when it was a good deal at 30 quid!) is
about 4.1 kg. That's a bit approximate - it's not an easy thing to
balance on teh kitchen scales. There'd be weight of packaging and so
on to add, and I don't know if next week's is an identical design.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith wrote:
> The one we bought last time (when it was a good deal at 30 quid!) is
> about 4.1 kg. That's a bit approximate - it's not an easy thing to
> balance on teh kitchen scales. There'd be weight of packaging and so
> on to add, and I don't know if next week's is an identical design.

My bathroom scales make it about 4kg. I CBA to try and balance it on
the kitchen scales for a more accurate weighing.

The picture looks the same:
<url:http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060727.p.Kids_Bike.ar6>

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>