LIDL stuff

John Hearns

Guest
Let the LIDL thread commence...

I went to my local branch this morning. Got two excellent aluminium bottles, complete with padded
sleeves and bottle racks. £2.50 each. Socks for £1.50 a pair seem OK. I bought a pair of padded
shorts, which are a bit thin but brilliant for use under baggy shorts. Watch though - the sizing is
quite generous. I bought medium, which are a bit loose on me. Don't buy the large unless you really,
really are sure you need them.

And of course a Hippo squeaky horn.

The cycling tops looked OK, but the colours were too bright for me. I looked at the plastic rack top
boxes, but they seemed very large. Anyone buy one last year? What are they good for, and do you
still use it?

>Let the LIDL thread commence...
>
>I went to my local branch this morning. Got two excellent aluminium bottles, complete with padded
>sleeves and bottle racks. £2.50 each. Socks for £1.50 a pair seem OK.

Got a pair of socks for Vernon

>I bought a pair of padded shorts, which are a bit thin but brilliant for use under baggy shorts.
>Watch though - the sizing is quite generous. I bought medium, which are a bit loose on me. Don't
>buy the large unless you really, really are sure you need them.

Oh yes - they are generous in size, even fitting yours truly without so much as a strrrrrrrrrretch
:) I like the reflectives on the shorts. They are a bit thin
- great for summer wear but *need* undergarment to be worn. I also wear full lenght leggings and the
shorts are more than adequate to be worn under leggings.

>And of course a Hippo squeaky horn.

Waaaaaah - local branch didn't have those :(

>The cycling tops looked OK, but the colours were too bright for me.

The Unfit Family stocked up on these for summer leisure cycling. Got the grey + yellow, the blue &
the rainbow ones. I am trying to be as bright as Nipples Colyer ;-P

>I looked at the plastic rack top boxes, but they seemed very large. Anyone buy one last year? What
>are they good for, and do you still use it?

Got one for son's school bike, so he can transport his books to school - boxes do look at least on a
par with the ones sold in Halfords for almost £30

I also got a new helmet for moi (yellow one) & for son (silver one). Wore the helmet this afternoon
- it is very comfortable for me, and very visible.

So that's the summer cycling attire stocked up on for another year :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On 27 Mar 2003 16:24:16 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>>And of course a Hippo squeaky horn.
>>
>Waaaaaah - local branch didn't have those :(

Plenty in the one near me Helen. If the Family Simmons would like a trio of squeakys let me know and
I'll bung some in the post for you.

(I too went for the friendly blue hippo. The crocodile didn't have nearly as much panache in the
flesh as his photo suggested.)

Bob

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Let the LIDL thread commence...
>
> I went to my local branch this morning. Got two excellent aluminium bottles, complete with padded
> sleeves and bottle racks. £2.50 each. Socks for £1.50 a pair seem OK. I bought a pair of padded
> shorts, which are a bit thin but brilliant for use under baggy shorts. Watch though - the sizing
> is quite generous. I bought medium, which are a bit loose on me. Don't buy the large unless you
> really, really are sure you need them.
>

> And of course a Hippo squeaky horn.
>

> The cycling tops looked OK, but the colours were too bright for me. I looked at the plastic rack
> top boxes, but they seemed very large. Anyone buy one last year? What are they good for, and do
> you still use it?

Lucky b****r all my local Lidl had were the waterbottles (not needed) and some women's
shorts liners!

Rich

Just bought: the lamps, mini pump, kiddie helmet, gel saddle. Unbelievable value.

Any idea if the child's bike seat will reappear this year? It's on the German website:
http://www.lidl.de/de/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20030403.p.Fahrrad-Kindersitz and it looks identical
to the one they were selling in the UK last year (when I should have bought one).

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get a vaguely similar seat for a vaguely similar price?

Tim

Thus spake "Tim Steele" <[email protected]>

> Just bought: the lamps, mini pump, kiddie helmet, gel saddle. Unbelievable value.

> Any idea if the child's bike seat will reappear this year? It's on the German website:
> http://www.lidl.de/de/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20030403.p.Fahrrad-Kindersitz and it looks identical
> to the one they were selling in the UK last year (when I should have bought one).

> Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get a vaguely similar seat for a vaguely
> similar price?

Tchibo? (if you're quick...)

At our branch they have SelleRoyal touring saddles with elastomer suspension for around a fiver!