Liege - Bastogne - Liege 2009 : Sunday April 26th

Why is it that who ever wins a race is automatically accused of doping. Is there an automatic dopers alert preset on this forum? It was nice to read a few threads just taking about the race.
jimmypop said:
Ahh, the Schlecks. Avoiding positive controls since 2004.

obxbes said:
Why is it that who ever wins a race is automatically accused of doping.
Because there has not been a significant race won in cycling without drugs for going on twenty years now. When doping produces such a huge advantage as EPO and/or blood transfusions, the clean athletes are pack filler. You might as well try winning a Formula One race with a Honda Civic.

obxbes said:
Why is it that who ever wins a race is automatically accused of doping. Is there an automatic dopers alert preset on this forum? It was nice to read a few threads just taking about the race.
Ummm, maybe because his brother got caught transferring money to Dr Fuentes and it is astounding that he hasn't been disciplined over the matter, unless he proved to the Luxembourg cycling federation that he has a vagina and Fuentes is his gyno.

classic1 said:
Ummm, maybe because his brother got caught transferring money to Dr Fuentes and it is astounding that he hasn't been disciplined over the matter, unless he proved to the Luxembourg cycling federation that he has a vagina and Fuentes is his gyno.
Hahaha +1

Well, I am a proud "Luxembourger", but have to admit, bingo to this one.

But to me, Frank Schleck is most probably amigo di birillo, but Andy is known for having produced the most amazing physical results, I would like to believe he's really clean (please folks, don't shoot me now). I also believe Kim Kirchen is clean (and I also believe he doped when he was with Fassa Bortolo in 2004!!!)

adamastor said:
Hahaha +1

Well, I am a proud "Luxembourger", but have to admit, bingo to this one.

But to me, Frank Schleck is most probably amigo di birillo, but Andy is known for having produced the most amazing physical results, I would like to believe he's really clean (please folks, don't shoot me now). I also believe Kim Kirchen is clean (and I also believe he doped when he was with Fassa Bortolo in 2004!!!)
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

limerickman said:
Fair points : just emphasising that Schleck (today) and Rebellin (last week) both looked tired after winning their respective races.
It makes a change to see riders (winners) actually look tired at the end of a race.
That's all.
Guess 'looking tired' ain't the most objective test of whether someone is on the gear or not :p.