Life Cycles

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tenex, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Afternoon Play: Life Cycles

    By Jonathan Davidson. Three interconnecting stories, spanning three generations, about a cyclist
    enjoying the Yorkshire Dales, a Tour de France competitor, and a woman who wants to ride around the
    world. With Mark Meadows, David Bamber, Suzanna Hamilton. Directed by Tim Dee.

    here http://tinyurl.com/17a worth a listen, click "Thursday".

    Tags:

  2. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Tenex <[email protected]> said:
    > Afternoon Play: Life Cycles
    >
    > By Jonathan Davidson. Three interconnecting stories, spanning three generations, about a cyclist
    > enjoying the Yorkshire Dales, a Tour de France competitor, and a woman who wants to ride around
    > the world. With Mark Meadows, David Bamber, Suzanna Hamilton. Directed by Tim Dee.

    Not again! That was on about this time last year...

    Regards,

    -david

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  4. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

  5. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of David Nutter <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Not again! That was on about this time last year...

    Heh! Are you sure it wasn't earlier *this* year? Certainly a repeat, and I found it disappointing
    first time round.

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  7. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Tenex wrote:
    >> first time I've known one to fail so here's the full url
    >>
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/afternoonplay.shtml
    >
    > Thanks, that works. I've downloaded it to listen to later.

    You recorded the stream? What software did you use?

  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  9. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:03:44 +0100, "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Tenex wrote:
    >> first time I've known one to fail so here's the full url
    >>
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/afternoonplay.shtml
    >
    >Thanks, that works. I've downloaded it to listen to later.

    I thought the BBC used RealAudio. How can you download that for later listening?

    Tim
    --
    In space no one can eat ice cream

  10. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Tenex wrote:
    >> You recorded the stream? What software did you use?
    >
    > GoldWave. I downloaded it from http://www.goldwave.com after someone mentioned it here a
    > while ago.

    I bought a second HDD MP3 player a few days ago and the new one needs better album/track IDs -
    which I'd ignored before - so in the past two days I've downloaded some 15+ programs for analysing,
    modifying, transferring, recording, etc sound files to find one I like - another one won't hurt.
    ;-) thanks

  11. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Tenex wrote:
    >> You recorded the stream? What software did you use?
    >
    > GoldWave. I downloaded it from http://www.goldwave.com after someone mentioned it here a
    > while ago.

    I bought a second HDD MP3 player a few days ago and the new one needs better album/track IDs -
    which I'd ignored before - so in the past two days I've downloaded some 15+ programs for analysing,
    modifying, transferring, recording, etc sound files to find one I like - another one won't hurt.
    ;-) thanks

  12. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:
    > I thought the BBC used RealAudio. How can you download that for later listening?

    Play it through Real Player, set GoldWave to record the stream, then leave it while I go off and do
    something else.

    Thomas Paine