General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Lifefitness TR8500 settings question

Started by Mark Rebuck · · Last activity · 3 posts · 576 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 April 2004
Last activity
5 April 2004
Original author
Mark Rebuck
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
576
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The only treadmill to which I have easy access is a
    Lifefitness TR8500l. I like it, but the maximum speed is
    currently set to 6.0mph, which is a bit slow for me these
    days. Here's the thing: I know this treadmill can go faster.
    It used to go up to 10mph. The gym where it is located was
    closed for repairs a few months ago, and when the treadmill
    came back, it was limited to 6.0mph. I know it is the exact
    same treadmill, because there is a very distinct scratch on
    the panel.

    I'm thinking that the maximum speed is setable, and was set
    to 6.0mph when the gym was closed for repairs. Any ideas how
    to reset the maximum speed? I called Lifefitness, but the
    support droid who answered my call wasn't helpful. He
    couldn't find any information on setting the speed, but he
    did offer to sell me the operations manual for a mere
    $30.00. Any suggestions? I've tried holding different
    buttons, etc., hoping to get to some kind of settings menu,
    but haven't had any luck.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Mark Rebuck said:

    The only treadmill to which I have easy access is a
    Lifefitness TR8500l. I like it, but the maximum speed is
    currently set to
    6.0mph, which is a bit slow for me these days. Here's the
    thing: I know this treadmill can go faster. It used to
    go up to 10mph. The gym where it is located was closed
    for repairs a few months ago, and when the treadmill
    came back, it was limited to 6.0mph. I know it is the
    exact same treadmill, because there is a very distinct
    scratch on the panel.

    I'm thinking that the maximum speed is setable, and was
    set to 6.0mph when the gym was closed for repairs. Any
    ideas how to reset the maximum speed? I called
    Lifefitness, but the support droid who answered my call
    wasn't helpful. He couldn't find any information on
    setting the speed, but he did offer to sell me the
    operations manual for a mere $30.00. Any suggestions? I've
    tried holding different buttons, etc., hoping to get to
    some kind of settings menu, but haven't had any luck.

    Thanks in advance!

    Some years ago, the staff at the gym gave me instructions to
    adjust the settings of one of the treadmills, after I
    expressed a willingness to read the instructions. The speed
    range was operator selectable if you knew the "key".

    You might find instructions available on or through the
    manufacturer website, for each model they support.
    Sometimes, they have a separate support site. You could also
    pose as a buyer and inquire about this sort of information
    as part of your purchase research--if for some reason they
    do not have the patience to help a user.

  3. On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:22:53 -0500, "Bill" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Mark Rebuck said:

    The only treadmill to which I have easy access is a
    Lifefitness TR8500l.


    here's the instructions for a 9100. I don't have any idea if
    this works for the 8500. If it doesn't, just post back and
    I'll ask our supplier.

    1. Enter the "Manager's Configuration"
    - press and hold down the PAUSE key and press the
    CLEAR key twice
    - Continue to hold down the PAUSE key until the
    MESSAGE CENTER displays the words "SERVICE MENU"
    - Then, release the PAUSE key, press the QUICK START
    key, and press ENTER.
    - The MESSAGE CENTER will display each of the
    possible configuration settings.

    2. Scroll thru until you see MAXIMUM SPEED
    - use the TIME arrow keys to scroll thru
    - select by pressing ENTER
    - use the INCLINE or SPEED keys to change settings

    ...thehick

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.