LifeProof iPhone case really is!

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Bought one a few weeks ago, since it is waterproof and I am using in the pool. Good thing, freak mishap on the ride this morning - phone flew off the mount, hit it with my hand while shifting, and - ran over it straight on - just a freak thing. Didn't hurt the case, didn't miss a note of the Brad Paisley song playing on my Bluetooth. Tough stuff.

i have seen broken glasses on smartphones though

Well, I was sure there would be damage, but it made it. That being said, it landed screen down, the rigid sides and back protected it. Screen up, probably not so lucky.

How is the bar mount for it? Looks like a great case but the car mount looks like it could be a bit flimsy!

Actually, the mounts are very sturdy compared to some others on the market. I am happy with this case, I have had other mishaps in the months since this post, such as stepping on the phone during a workout, and it had sailed through.

At $70-$90 it sure ain't 'paycheck proof'. Realtree camo...here I come.

So will a 5-cent Glad freezer baggie.

I'm more concerned about shock load protection than surviving the spin cycles of the washing machine. I want it for fall protection. Last summer one of my training friends was doing a Peter Sagan wheelie impression and went over backwards...right onto what used to be his phone. OOPS!

LP is a great case if your phone is out front on your bike in monsoon.

A 5-cent Ziploc bag won't protect against dropping, the LifeProof case will - as long as the outer edges of the case take the impact and the screen doesn't land face-down on a raised or protruding object...