Liggett's golden boy is booted from Tour.

Callistus Valerius

Guest
A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

> A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
> Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

"Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He carried
the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
>>Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

> "Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He carried
> the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
> Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

Born in Hong Kong, raised where ever. Claims to be a "Citizen of the
World", denying his ties to the UK, except when it conveniently provides

A) a carbon bike
B) a team to ride worlds for

He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

Richard Adams <[email protected]> writes:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>A few weeks of Liggett lamenting that his boy Millar was booted from the
> >>Tour. No thanks, maybe I should skip OLN coverge this year.

> > "Liggett's Golden Boy"??? David Millar was the top English pro. He
> > carried
> > the hope of an entire nation on his shoulders and he's let down the side.
> > Time for him to sneek back to Indonesia or where ever it was he came from.

> Born in Hong Kong, raised where ever. Claims to be a "Citizen of the
> World", denying his ties to the UK, except when it conveniently
> provides
>
> A) a carbon bike
> B) a team to ride worlds for
>
> He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
> have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

My, my.

And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

[Davey sorts through his CD's - Put's on the ``Lament for MacDonald at Flodden'']

--
le Vent a Dos. Davey Crockett
http://petition.eurolinux.org ; http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

> > He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
> > have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

> My, my.
>
> And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It seemed
like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world" gig
as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language and
cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour, Liggett
saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

> > > He's been a jet-setting opportunist for a while now. A shame not to
> > > have someplace, aside from France, for him to call Home.

> > My, my.
> >
> > And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

> I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
> personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It seemed
> like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
> inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world" gig
> as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language

and
> cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour,

Liggett
> saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance Tifosi
that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
the history of the tour until after his first win.
Dave

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > > My, my.
> > >
> > > And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

> > I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
> > personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It

seemed
> > like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
> > inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world"

gig
> > as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language

> and
> > cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour,

> Liggett
> > saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

> Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance

Tifosi
> that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
> the history of the tour until after his first win.
> Dave

He's still ignorant. Recall, he claimed he was the youngest stage winner in
Tour history---incorrectly of course.

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance

Tifosi
> that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
> the history of the tour until after his first win.

And if there's anything that will rack up those wins it's knowing the
history of the Tour.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance

> Tifosi
>
>>that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
>>the history of the tour until after his first win.

> And if there's anything that will rack up those wins it's knowing the
> history of the Tour.

Curious bit: In the back of the ProCycling (July 2004) Tour supplement,
they pick the brains of some french riders on Tour history. Not
terribly impressive results.

Millar was born in Malta and raised in Scotland, England and Hong Kong.
He now lives in Biarritz, France.

So technically he isn't English but does hold a British passport.

Dave H wrote:

> "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > > My, my.
> > >
> > > And How are the Mighty Fallen.................

> > I totally agree with that. I could never could tell if Liggett
> > personally liked Millar, or that he thought he was from the UK. It seemed
> > like Liggett would get realyfrustrated with his childish antics, and
> > inconsistency. But I think he did buy Millar's "citizen of the world" gig
> > as a way to make the Americans look oafish, with their limited language

> and
> > cultural skills. I remember when Lance was winning his first Tour,

> Liggett
> > saying that Armstrong didn't know any of the history of the sport.

> Liggett, English, Millar, English, ain't no different from the Lance Tifosi
> that posts here. Also I think Phil was right, I don't think Lance got into
> the history of the tour until after his first win.
> Dave

> Curious bit: In the back of the ProCycling (July 2004) Tour supplement,
> they pick the brains of some french riders on Tour history. Not
> terribly impressive results.

That's a hoot. I wonder if the eurosnob Phil is aware of that. I
suppose the fact that they speak French makes them A-OK in Phils book.