Light & Motion lights & Segway

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by bentcruiser, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003

  2. Victor Kan

    Victor Kan Guest

    bentcruiser wrote:
    > Did Segway's parent company buy Light and Motion or am I reading this article wrong:

    I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds to me like Light & Motion signed a deal with Segway to have
    the latter resell L&M's products.

    Hm...I wonder what "distribution channels" of Segway's they're talking about. I thought Segway only
    sold direct, or through Amazon.

    --
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

  3. On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:37:48 GMT, Victor Kan <[email protected]_UCEloopdrive.net> wrote:

    >I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds to me like Light & Motion signed a deal with Segway to have
    >the latter resell L&M's products.
    >
    >Hm...I wonder what "distribution channels" of Segway's they're talking about. I thought Segway only
    >sold direct, or through Amazon.

    Apparently there are other Segway dealers, but the web page only lists 4 dealers. Maybe the lights
    will become available through Amazon.

    Does this mean Segway is expanding its business, or is it intended as an accessory for the Segway?
    Now that I think about it, I don't think the Segway has a built-in headlight at all. Seems a bit odd
    for an electric vehicle.

  4. Carl

    Carl Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does this mean Segway is expanding its business, or is it intended as an accessory for the Segway?
    > Now that I think about it, I don't think the Segway has a built-in headlight at all. Seems a bit
    > odd for an electric vehicle.

    Aiming the headlight on the Segway would be frustrating, unless it's auto levelling. The faster you
    go the shorter the distance lit by the headlight.

    -Carl