Light & Motion lights & Segway

bentcruiser wrote:
> Did Segway's parent company buy Light and Motion or am I reading this article wrong:

I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds to me like Light & Motion signed a deal with Segway to have
the latter resell L&M's products.

Hm...I wonder what "distribution channels" of Segway's they're talking about. I thought Segway only
sold direct, or through Amazon.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:37:48 GMT, Victor Kan <[email protected]_UCEloopdrive.net> wrote:

>I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds to me like Light & Motion signed a deal with Segway to have
>the latter resell L&M's products.
>
>Hm...I wonder what "distribution channels" of Segway's they're talking about. I thought Segway only
>sold direct, or through Amazon.

Apparently there are other Segway dealers, but the web page only lists 4 dealers. Maybe the lights
will become available through Amazon.

Does this mean Segway is expanding its business, or is it intended as an accessory for the Segway?
Now that I think about it, I don't think the Segway has a built-in headlight at all. Seems a bit odd
for an electric vehicle.

Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does this mean Segway is expanding its business, or is it intended as an accessory for the Segway?
> Now that I think about it, I don't think the Segway has a built-in headlight at all. Seems a bit
> odd for an electric vehicle.

Aiming the headlight on the Segway would be frustrating, unless it's auto levelling. The faster you
go the shorter the distance lit by the headlight.

-Carl