Lightest MTB shoe?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Digital Network, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Does anyone know what the lightest MTB shoe is?

    Cheers, Lee.
    Digital Networks United Kingdom www.dnuk.com Linux notebooks, workstations and servers.
    [email protected]

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    Sidis are among the lightest.

  3. kh6zv9

    kh6zv9 Guest

    In rec.bicycles.tech Digital Networks <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Does anyone know what the lightest MTB shoe is?

    : Cheers, Lee.
    : ____________________________________________________________________

    I would vote for Sidi dominators.

    --------------------------------
    Bob Masse' [email protected]
    --------------------------------

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  4. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > : Does anyone know what the lightest MTB shoe is?

    > I would vote for Sidi dominators.

    I bet the Sidis with velcro instead of buckles are even lighter. Cheaper, too.

    I doubt any MTB shoe is lighter than Sidi. They're the same as road shoes, but with with a few sole
    lugs stuck on.

    Matt O.

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  5. Adam Glover

    Adam Glover Guest

    Hmmm... The Sidi's are light, but Shimano's new M220 with the carbon fibre midsole are scary light!!

    Matt O'Toole wrote:

    >>In rec.bicycles.tech Digital Networks
    >>
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>: Does anyone know what the lightest MTB shoe is?
    >>

    >>I would vote for Sidi dominators.
    >>

    > I bet the Sidis with velcro instead of buckles are even lighter. Cheaper, too.
    >
    > I doubt any MTB shoe is lighter than Sidi. They're the same as road shoes, but with with a few
    > sole lugs stuck on.
    >
    > Matt O.
    >
    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  6. I don't think you'll get lighter than the Rocket 7. 395 grams. Check out rocket7.com.

    I have the road shoes and love them. BTW, they cost a little more than $1 per gram. How serious a
    weight weenie are you?

    Jens