Lightfoot Ranger - Opinions

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ken Huizenga, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Ken Huizenga

    Ken Huizenga Guest

    Does anyone have experience with the Lightfoot Ranger? I am 6'3" and 245 pounds and plan to do
    loaded touring. After reviewing the specs, etc. I get the impression that the Ranger would be a very
    solid bike for heavy duty touring. It also looks to have a pretty comfortable upright riding postion
    and a lot of adjustability in the seat, steering ,etc.

    Whatcha think?

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Ken: I haven't ridden one :( , but it looks like a GREAT bike! RCN did a fairly recent review of
    this bike and gave it very high marks. If I had loads of cash to invest in yet another bent, the
    Ranger would be on a pretty short list (the others being Longbikes Slipstream and Easy Racers
    Tour Easy or similar model). My wife and I are planning a multi-state tour this summer and hope
    to pass through Lightfoot's Montana location. I'm shooting for some test drives! By all accounts,
    you won't be sorry, especially being a bigger rider. If I were you, I'd go with the disk brake
    option. My $.02.

    Good luck! Scott

    "Ken Huizenga" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have experience with the Lightfoot Ranger? I am 6'3" and 245 pounds and plan to do
    > loaded touring. After reviewing the specs, etc. I get the impression that the Ranger would be a
    > very solid bike for heavy duty touring. It also looks to have a pretty comfortable upright riding
    > postion and a lot of adjustability in the seat, steering ,etc.
    >
    > Whatcha think?

  3. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Even with S&S couplers, I think this thing would be large. I don't think it would be airline legal.
    If you can forego the airline test, you have _lots_ of options. Tour Easys, Rans Stratus, etc. all
    of which would be suitable for touring.

    John Riley

    Ken Huizenga wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience with the Lightfoot Ranger? I am 6'3" and 245 pounds and plan to do
    > loaded touring. After reviewing the specs, etc. I get the impression that the Ranger would be a
    > very solid bike for heavy duty touring. It also looks to have a pretty comfortable upright riding
    > postion and a lot of adjustability in the seat, steering ,etc.
    >
    > Whatcha think?

  4. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest