Lights

gbsbrad

Aug 16, 2010
Any advice on what type of head and tail light combo I should get? I've been looking at the Blackburn Flea but some of the reviews I've read say that the way they mount leaves a lot to be desired. I want to be seen after dark and I'd also like to find a head light that will illuminate the road and not just be a way to be seen. Thanks!

wooliferkins said:
Front, B&M Ixon IQ Best front light I've ever used, bright focused front beam easily rechargeable great burn times.

Rear, Smart Lunar 1/2 Watt. Obnoxiously bright, well priced light.

How awesome! You seem to only suggest products sold at the website you pimp in your signature! How self-serving!

To the OP, I'd look at helmet mounted lights. You want to be seen, at dark, at intersections. With helmet mounted light, you can look right at drivers and get their attention. You can also direct the light where you want to go as opposed to where the bike is pointed. Nite Rider, Ayup, Lite and Motion all make great lights that throw a lot of light. Magicshine lights also throw a lot of light, and they have the bonus of being significantly cheaper than the others mentioned.

On the rear, the Planet Bike Superflash is a good, popular choice, as are the Mars 3.0 and Mars 4.0 from Blackburn.

Alienator,
How flattering that your awe is aroused. I use the site merely because it's the quickest route for me to find and link products, in this case both of which I use. If you were in Walmart would you describe something to someone by going to JC Penny? Apparently there are things called search engines where free minded people can search their product of choice, at their price of choice, in their country of choice.(This forum being global) They're still dogs dangly lights wherever you buy them.

wooliferkins said:
Alienator,
How flattering that your awe is aroused. I use the site merely because it's the quickest route for me to find and link products, in this case both of which I use. If you were in Walmart would you describe something to someone by going to JC Penny? Apparently there are things called search engines where free minded people can search their product of choice, at their price of choice, in their country of choice.(This forum being global) They're still dogs dangly lights wherever you buy them.

Quickest route, eh? It's also called SPAM.

I'm sure GBSBRAD would be far more interested in your light recommendations, than your thoughts on my links

Wal Mart, Bell Dusk to Dawn LED, under $10. Matching tail light, under $7.

I have two of the head lights,one set high and one set low. I am very pleased with
them, very bright and several weeks on three AAA batteries. They claim 65 hours
but around thirty five they get a bit dim, not bad, just noticeable. The tail light has
had the same batteries for over a month, well over 100 hours and no sign of dimming.

I had a police man ask if they had a dim settings as they were a bit bright in
traffic.:D:D:D

They do the steady or flashing thing.

I may get rechargeables later,