Lightweight & Durable quill stem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark Wolfe, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    What's a good lightweight and durable quill stem? Control Tech seems to be pretty nice. I'm playing
    with the idea of getting my all steel bike below 19lbs without going to a carbon fork. :)

    Thanks

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 "Which you then convert to gold, non-perishable food, firearms, good liquor & a secluded

    Tags:

  2. Kinkycowboy

    Kinkycowboy Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:53:46 -0700, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What's a good lightweight and durable quill stem? Control Tech seems to be pretty nice. I'm playing
    >with the idea of getting my all steel bike below 19lbs without going to a carbon fork. :)
    >
    >Thanks

    How light do you want it? What do you mean by "all steel"?

    The ITM Eclypse steel stem is not over heavy (at 250g it's the lightest ITM quill stem apart from
    the titanium one), and plenty durable from over 10 years personal experience, if you want to
    continue the steel theme.

    http://www.itm.it/catalogo/inglese/sc_pr_at2.asp?id=16&tab=attacchi

    If you,ve got plenty of money and really want to shave those grams, the Cinelli Grammo is very light
    (165g), and again I have had one for over 10 years so I'm reasonably confident about durability.

    http://www.cinelli.it/eng/bici/attacchi/classici/GRAMMO_STRADA.html

    Kinky Cowboy

    *Your milage may vary Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts.

  3. Mark-<< What's a good lightweight and durable quill stem? Control Tech seems to be pretty nice. I'm
    playing with the idea of getting my all steel bike below 19lbs without going to a carbon fork. :)
    >><BR><BR>

    I have two Cinelli Grammo titanium quill stems for sale. Both 110mm, both for 26mm hbars. One 90
    degree and one 73 degree-light and durible!!

    $125 each

  4. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    I recently weighed a Profile steel quill stem and it was only 200 grams using an accurate digital
    scale. That's pretty light even for some Ti stems!

    Dave

  5. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    The Cinelli keeps coming up. :) All steel is a Waterford Paramount with the original threaded
    steel fork.

    KinkyCowboy wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:53:46 -0700, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>What's a good lightweight and durable quill stem? Control Tech seems to
    be
    >>pretty nice. I'm playing with the idea of getting my all steel bike
    below
    >>19lbs without going to a carbon fork. :)
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >
    > How light do you want it? What do you mean by "all steel"?
    >
    > The ITM Eclypse steel stem is not over heavy (at 250g it's the lightest ITM quill stem apart from
    > the titanium one), and plenty durable from over 10 years personal experience, if you want to
    > continue the steel theme.
    >
    > http://www.itm.it/catalogo/inglese/sc_pr_at2.asp?id=16&tab=attacchi
    >
    > If you,ve got plenty of money and really want to shave those grams, the Cinelli Grammo is very
    > light (165g), and again I have had one for over 10 years so I'm reasonably confident about
    > durability.
    >
    > http://www.cinelli.it/eng/bici/attacchi/classici/GRAMMO_STRADA.html
    >

    > Kinky Cowboy
    >
    > *Your milage may vary Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts.

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46
    F7E6 82F6 8C71
    Q: What's the big deal about rm, I have been deleting stuff for years? And never lost
    anything.. oops!
    R: ...

  6. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have an almost-new Control Tech 14cm that you can have for $25. "Mark Wolfe"